The Woroni logo on a background of blue, purple, and red wombats

Join Our Team In Semester Two

Woroni is looking for some fresh minds to help integrate the Print, Radio and Television platforms in Semester two 2018!

Woroni exists so students can cut their teeth in creativity, media, and journalistic expression. We produce content that is interesting, informative, accurate and relevant, and we provide students with opportunities to develop multimedia skills in journalism, design, writing, television, and radio.

If this sounds appealing to you, then keep reading!

We will be recruiting throughout the winter break. There are lots of opportunities to get involved, including some new positions. You don’t need to have prior experience – just be a team player and be willing to get involved and learn new skills.

We’ve compiled a list of all available positions below. Call it a “Woroni 101 Guide”, if you will. We’ll be listing every position, big or small, as they become available. Positions will be listed under the name of the relevant editor whom they will be responsible to. Please have a read through and see if anything takes your fancy. And don’t hold back, you can apply for more than one position!

************************************************

Editor-in-Chief

Mia Jessurun

The Editor-in-Chief is the spokesperson for ANUSM and responsible for overseeing and assisting the other Editors, as well as ensuring that the objects of the Association are upheld. The EIC is also responsible for organising events and workshops, managing employees, chairing meetings, dealing with conflicts and complaints, and assisting wherever needed. If you have any questions about anything Woroni-related, then flick Mia an email at mia@woroni.com.au.

AVAILABLE POSITIONS

Distributor

The distributor is responsible for picking up the newspaper from the printer fortnightly, distributing it to Woroni stands across campus and keeping these stands topped up throughout the print cycle. They must have a car and an ABN, and will be paid for their time.

For more information about the role, click here.

Applications will close on Friday 20 July at 11.59pm.

Deputy Editor-in-Chief

Benjamin Lawrence

The Deputy Editor-in-Chief is responsible for creating and maintaining minutes, policy, procedure and records, as well as interpreting the Constitution. The Deputy EIC works closely with the Social Media, Instagram and Events Sub-Editors, managing Woroni’s online presence and administrative organisation. If you have any questions, you can contact Ben at ben@woroni.com.au.

Photography Sub-Editors

The purpose of Photography at ANUSM is to capture moments of student university life. In the past, Woroni Photographers have attended both formal and casual events, both on and off campus. For Semester two, photography sub-editors can expect to attend at least one ball. This year, photographers have also been involved in providing images to accompany News and Content stories, as well as publishing photo stories in the Woroni paper.

Photography Sub Editors are expected to have some experience in photography. After Photography Sub-Editors take photos at events they are required to edit and upload albums to Facebook with the Woroni Watermark.

Applications are open now and close on 13 July 2018. You can find more information and application details here.

Managing Editor

Jonathan Tjandra

The Managing Editor is responsible for creating and maintaining the books and financial records of the Association and managing ANUSM’s business relationships, as well as preparing, managing and regularly reporting on the budget. You can reach Jonathan at jonathan@woroni.com.au or finance@woroni.com.au.

Management Sub-Editors

The team of management Sub-Editors are the energetic and driven individuals that assist with the day to day functions of Woroni. They work to create partnerships with other businesses, organise advertising across the ANU Student Media’s platforms, undertake market research and strategic planning, maintain social media platforms and manage the ANUSM website.

Applications are now open for a new Social Media Sub-Editor, Instagram Sub-Editor and Events Management Sub-Editor to join the rest of the team. You can find more information, full role descriptions and application details by clicking this link.

Applications are open now and close on 13 July 2018.

Art Editor

Sophie Bear

The Art Editor is responsible for the design and layout of, and the curation of art for the fortnightly newspaper, as well as the graphics and branding that Woroni uses in its online and on-campus presence. They manage and work closely with a team of art sub-editors. Sophie can answer any questions about contributing art for the newspaper or getting involved; you can contact her at sophie@woroni.com.au or the entire Art Team at art@woroni.com.au.

Art Sub-Editors

Art Sub-Editors are responsible for laying out a quota of pages for each print edition. In example, they will be given additional responsibilities, including creating social media graphics, designing branding for Woroni Radio and TV, producing art for the newspaper or assisting the Art Editor in managing the logistics of the Art portfolio.

Applications are now open for Design Sub-Editor, Graphics Sub-Editor, Art Admin Sub-Editor, Senior Graphics Sub-Editor and Senior Design Sub-Editor. For more information about each of the roles, click here.

Television Editor

William He

The TV Editor is primarily responsible for continuing the growth of Woroni TV. The purpose of Woroni TV is to engage with the student body by providing a new and interactive platform to deliver campus news, interviews with interesting students and people in Canberra, as well as fun how-to and creative content. You can contact William at william@woroni.com.au or the whole Television Team at television@woroni.com.au.

Content Editor

Alisha Nagle

The Content Editor is responsible for the Woroni print content in the newspaper and online, producing interesting, informative and diverse content that is relevant to the ANU community. In addition to this, the Content Editor manages the Content Team and all that entails. Alisha can answer any questions about the newspaper and how best to contribute; you can contact her at alisha@woroni.com.au or the entire Content Team at write@woroni.com.au.

News Editor

Noah Yim

The News Editor is responsible for managing the Woroni News team. They lead and support the news reporters to investigate and report campus news for the Woroni newspaper, both in print and online. If you have any questions about Woroni‘s news reporting or have a news tip, you can contact Noah at noah@woroni.com.au or the entire News Team at news@woroni.com.au.

Radio Editor

Zoe Halstead

The Radio Editor is responsible for managing the Woroni Radio Team and community, supervising the content that goes on air, and monitoring content quality and distribution. If you have any questions, you can email Zoe at zoehalstead@woroni.com.au or radio@woroni.com.au.