Woroni Print in Red

Want To Write For Edition 2? Check Out These Prompts!

Woroni is looking for YOU to write for our second edition of the magazine! You can write about pretty much anything, but here are some prompts to get your creative juices flowing (hint: the theme of this edition will be SEX!). First drafts are now due next Tuesday (25/2).

International:

• What is considered ‘appropriate’ when it comes to sex? How does it differ between cultures?
  • Are standards of sexual attractiveness different in different cultures? Do you think we can all be sexy? 
  • Talk about STIs – why is there a stigma surrounding it when it happens to so many people?

Reviews:

• Parasite
  • Tame Impala’s new album
  • Literally anything else!

Arts:

• How can sex and bodies be used as protest? Think the #freethenipple, sex strikes etc. Do they work?
  • How do you feel when you see your body naked? Are you liberated, or embarrassed, and why is this?
  • How has the tv show Sex Education brought sexual wisdom to a mainstream audience?
  • Talk about a sexual experience that has had a lasting impact on you, positive or negative. What was it about this experience that made it so memorable?

Multilingual (for foreign language speakers):

• Talk about sex and social media! Think about sexting, online dating etc. and the impacts they’ve had on you.
  • Talk about the presence of sex in the films you’ve watched and the music you’ve listened to! Who are the people who engage in this, and does it matter?
  • How has your mental health affected your sex life? (can be anonymous)

Creative:

• Poetry
  • Fiction
  • Photography
  • Painting and drawing
  • Scripts
  • Satire

Science

• Talk about fat-shaming! How can we have productive discussions about health without implying blame?
  • Apparently, giraffes express sexual attraction through drinking each other’s pee! What are some examples of animal sexual practices that put humans to shame?
  • Are ageing and death as inevitable as we thought? Are they even preventable?
  • Turns out, some people don’t have an inner monologue! Do you have one? How does having a rich inner life or the lack thereof impact on your life?
  • Have you ever had imposter syndrome in a sexual relationship? Why was this? 
  • According to several studies, our generation is having a lot less sex than previous generations. Why do you think this is? Why are these studies so important?
  • How do you really feel about your body? Tell us openly and honestly (and anonymously, if you like).

Business and Economics

• Porn is a multimillion dollar industry! Why is porn so popular, and why, despite its popularity, is it still stigmatised?
  • Talk about sex work! Is sex work inherently oppressive? Should we legalise it?
  • Do you own any sex toys? Talk about them! Why are they important to you, and why don’t people really talk about them?
  • Give an overview of online dating. Talk about some of the various websites, how popular they are and what purposes they serve.