General Meeting 4

We are pleased to announce that the ANU Student Media Inc fourth General Meeting (GM) for 2017 will be held on Tuesday, 19th September.

Location: Chifley Library, Room 4.12, Graneek Room

Time: 4.00pm – 6.00pm

The ANUSM GM agenda can be found here.

If you are interested in the governance of ANU Student Media, want to get involved this semester and would like to get an update on the progress we have made in the past ten months, or just like general meetings and free pizza, then please come along.

This is your chance to ask questions and hold your editors accountable!

Woroni is committed to making all of our 2017 events inclusive and accessible.

If you have any accessibility requirements, please don’t hesitate to email us at contact@woroni.com.au, or call Kanika on 0456 537 114.

The New ANUSM Consitution is attached below for members to view if you have any questions or queries in regards to the new Constitution please email our Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Nathalie Rosales-Cheng at nathalie@woroni.com.au

New ANUSM Consitution 

Below is also a comparison of the new and old constitution. It is important to note that there are formatting changes to the new constitution such as font and layout which may look as if the entirety of the Constitution has changed. This is not the case. The old and new constitution has the same meaning just the wording is what has changed. Previous Boards and the current Board have taken this into account and have been careful when rewriting the Constitution that the meaning remains the same.

The amendments from the April OGM that were passed are embedded in the new constitution. The wording in some sections may have been changed for further clarification or of the meaning was not clear, this has been under the advice of those within the Chancellery and the ANUSA Lawyer and approved by the current Board.

Comparision between Old and New Constitutions 

Summary of Changes