The Humble Sidekick

Welcome to 2015, the age of the stylish, modern gent. When it comes to fashion, it’s the little things that make the biggest difference. Being classy is in fashion and men should have no shame in wearing accessories to finish off their sophisticated, polished look. There are a couple of key items that you need in your wardrobe that will transform your outfit, keeping you looking fresh and stylish.

Here are the key items that you should have an abundance of in your wardrobe.

Pocket Squares

A pocket square is one of the most simple, yet most effective items that you can own. A pocket square can transform your suit and can ensure that it remains versatile and stylish for any occasion, whether you are at a ball, the spring carnival races or a dinner party. The pocket square is one way that you can get the most out of your suit and shirts. Whilst your staple items such as the suit and shirt are expensive, you don’t need to have heaps of them to keep looking sharp and fresh. A pocket square, in conjunction with a tie, means you can pull off countless different looks.

When it comes to pocket squares, you can be as bold or as mellow as is comfortable or appropriate. While matching your tie and pocket square is great, you can also go for contrasting colours and designs to give you a bold and vibrant look.

Cufflinks

Cufflinks are the sign of a truly classy gent. When in the close presence of others, cufflinks are a small feature that will draw attention to and finish off your look. Especially in the summer time as the blazer comes off and you are wearing a shirt, cufflinks are an important addition and can be loads of fun. Cufflink designs can reflect your interests, personality and character.

Sunglasses

You don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on expensive designer label glasses. Cheaper and very stylish alternatives are available in abundance nowadays and again can finish off your look. Whether in casual gear or a suit at work, a good collection of sunglasses is important as they complement the situation and the attire. Of course, notwithstanding the benefits for your eyes!

Belts

The tucked in shirt look will be a hit this summer as it has been in recent years, giving off a clean cut look. Whether you are wearing nice shorts, chinos or dress pants, the tucked in shirt is a classy and smart. If you are going to pull off this look, a good belt is essential. With a range of colours and styles, you can get away with anything when it comes to belts. A simple brown or black belt can complement your attire nicely, or you can draw more attention to the belt with vibrant designs.

Accessorising can add many new layers to an ordinary outfit. So have fun with and express yourself!