Quiz: Which Cool Queer* Girl from History are You?

Laura Perkov is studying Law/Arts (Anthropology). She can be found around campus wearing clogs and believes being told you have 80s hair is a compliment. She is currently cultivating a pretty and practical bullet journal aesthetic that will make everyone think she has her life together.  

Doom McDoom is a kinky commie trans club kid. They live in a dungeon and are DTF the cistem.

[one-third-first]Pick a meme:

A) Trolley Problem

B) Dat Boi

C) Hollyweed sign

D) Starter packs

E) Gay Communist Memes

Which piece of lesbian media are you?

A) Written on the body – Jeanette Winterson

B) Blue is the Warmest Colour

C) Orange is the New Black (Seasons 1 and 2)

D) But I’m A Cheerleader

E) Fuck The Pain Away – Peaches

What is your star sign?

A) Aries, Leo or Sagittarius

B) Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn

C) Gemini

D) Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces

E) Libra or Aquarius[/one-third-first][one-third]Which facial piercing would you get?

A) Tongue

B) Monroe

C) Septum

D) Nose

E) Industrial

Where would you take your date?

A) Gay Cliché

B) Youth Centre Skatepark

C) Feminartsy Story-share

D) Tilly’s Happy Hour (with a bowl of chips)

E) Roller Derby Double Header

Favourite hairstyle:

A) Long with undercut

B) Pudding bowl

C) Shaved

D) Fade with tracks

E) Mullhawk[/one-third][one-third]What is your favourite tinder pick up line:

A) ‘When I’m around you I can’t think straight.’

B) ‘Here for a good time, not a long time.’

C) ‘Chunky but funky.’

D) ‘Let’s go to a museum – though we couldn’t hold hands because you can’t touch the art.’

E) ‘I’ll like your dog more than you.’

Which mythological figure are you?

A) Narcissus

B) Dionysus

C) Icarus

D) Hercules

E) Atlas

Which emoji are you?

A) Heart eyes ?

B) Peach ?

C) Fire followed by wet? ?

D) Wildcard series of random emojis ????

E) Moon ?[/one-third]

Mostly ASappho

A Greek poet from the island of Lesbos and one of the Nine Lyric Poets esteemed by the scholars of Hellenistic Alexandria. The words ‘lesbian’ and ‘Sapphic’ both have roots in Sappho’s fame.

Beautiful and lyrical, much of what you do is a celebration of emotional and physical love and intimacy. You enjoy messing with people who think you and your girlfriend are just ‘good pals’. You love to be romantic and playful and like to have many close relationships in your life. You are a deep thinker, and love to share the fruits of your labour with others. You are an aestheticist and have a profound respect for beauty (both your own that that of others).

Mostly BMarlene Dietrich

A German-born actress in the ‘Golden Age’ of Hollywood. She was known for her numerous affairs and defiance of gender roles through boxing and wearing men’s clothes.

You are iconic and on another plane of existence. You have a reputation to be envied, and your sense of style precedes you. Always dressed to impress, you make time for the fine things in life. You love to reinvent yourself while remaining authentically and uniquely you. You scorn tradition for tradition’s sake, and you skilfully walk the line between opposing poles; masculine and feminine, demure and seductive. You are apt for an active and satisfying intimate life.

Mostly CAudre Lorde

A black writer, feminist, and civil rights activist. Her writing frequently explored black female identity, the importance of understanding intersecting oppressions and identities in feminism, authentic experience, and difference.

You are creative and inspiring in your ability to rise above hardship and fight against injustice. You use the written word to express your innermost thoughts – ideas that would otherwise be uncommunicated. To you, words are a tool of both resistance and encouragement. You love to talk about feminism and are always ready to correct someone who misunderstands your movement. You believe that defiance does not solely take the form of public protest, but that even small aspects of our personal lives are political – from hair to clothes or language. You are intelligent, you have an eye for detail, and a heart full of love.

Mostly D ­– Chavela Vargas

A Costa Rican-born Mexican singer. She was an influential figure in Latin-American music. She was unapologetic in her relationships with women and her musical style; ranchera, a typically masculine genre. She was rumoured to have had an affair with Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.

You are unwavering in the face of others telling you how to live your life. You love music, and you love to entertain – people can’t help but laugh when they are around you. The colour in your life comes from your friends and your passions, and you never do anything halfway. You are proud of who you are. Though introverted, you recharge through your relationships with those close to you. You find solace in remembering love lost, rather than love that never was. Your presence is intoxicating and lingers long after you have left the room.

Mostly ELaura Jane Grace

An American musician and frontwoman of punk rock band Against Me!, Laura Jane Grace came out as transgender in 2012. She is an outspoken activist and uses her public profile to advance gender diversity in the alternative music scene.

You don’t have time for people who don’t find you impressive. You are outspoken and don’t take anyone’s shit. You take any opportunity to stand up for yourself. A punk at heart, you have a loud voice and unique sense of style. You find strength in vulnerability, and other people find their strength in you. You have an illuminating presence, an eye for the souls of others, and great taste. You are empathetic, and love to spend time having deep chats and reckless fun with your friends.