Premier League Back On

The English Premier League is back for season 2013/14 and it has definitely started emphatically. With many changes to a lot of the top teams, this season has the potential to be one of the most interesting seasons in Premier League history.

Manchester United will undergo their first season since 1986 without legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson. New manager David Moyes has been very quiet in the transfer market but they were very convincing in their win against Swansea winning the game 4-1 with Robin Van Persie and Danny Welbeck grabbing two goals each. Although they didn’t dominate the match, as the score line would suggest, United have again showed that they haven’t lost their clinical touch in front of goal.

Manchester City also have a new manager after sacking Roberto Mancini and hiring Chilean manager, Manuel Pellegrini. They’ve also been busy (as usual) in the transfer market making three big signings in Jesus Navas, Alvaro Negredo and Steven Jovetic. The Sky Blues made a great start to their campaign dismantling Newcastle 4-0 with four different goal scorers in their first game. They are no doubt going to be serious title contenders this year.

Chelsea welcome the return of the “Special One” Jose Mourinho to Stamford Bridge this season. They are currently top of the table as they came out on top in both of their games so far with the double game week.

Here are my predictions for this season: Manchester City will take out the title with Chelsea coming in second. Manchester United will be in third place and Liverpool will be fourth (have to have high expectations for my own team!) to round out the Champions League spots. Arsenal and Tottenham will just miss out on Champions League spots. Hull City, Crystal Palace and Stoke City will be the teams relegated at the end of the season.

Only one week in but you can already tell that this will be one spectacular season of English football. With many things to watch for, it will be very interesting to see how the year will pan out. Watch this space.