JOIN WORONI RADIO IN 2019 - PRODUCER APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!

Woroni Radio is seeking passionate, new:

• Daily Radio Producers, and
  • Flagship Producers,

to join the Production Team in Semester One of 2019!

Daily Radio Producers

In 2019, Daily Radio Producers will be responsible for overseeing programming for their allocated evening, providing training and opportunities for presenters and operating radio automation software.

Producers will be responsible for providing assistance to hosts on their allocated evening by helping them to develop their show ideas and hone their radio skills. Producers will also be expected to get to know the hosts over the semester by running specialised training sessions and seeking out training or marketing opportunities for them, e.g. interviews, DJ gigs, open-mic nights, etc.

No past experience is required as long as you are keen to learn and passionate about helping our presenters create quality radio content 🙂

The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:

• Approachable
  • Communication skills
  • Team player
  • Critical thinker
  • Planning and organisational skills

This role is approximately 8 hours per week.

Producers are expected to attend regular meetings to communicate updates and plan presenter training sessions

Producers must be available to encourage show sign ups and run training sessions during Orientation Week 2019.

The successful candidate will receive honoraria based on their commitment to the role at the end of Semester One.

Applications will close at 11.59pm on 25 January 2019.

Flagship Producer

This is a new senior sub-editor role in 2019, essentially combining the roles of executive producer and Breakfast Radio producer.

In this role you will:

• Oversee and assist with flagship show time slots from 4pm-6pm on weekdays (either in-person or remotely) and operate radio automation software
  • Help presenters with flagship shows hone and improve their show ideas, social media presence and book guests for live interviews
  • Will liaise with SYN Radio and maintain our partnership
  • Will assist the broadcast operations officer and technical officer with uploading shows.

The Breakfast Radio Producer plays a vital role in maintaining and improving the quality of Breakfast Radio by providing technical support and constructive feedback to presenters over the course of the semester. As Woroni Radio’s flagship program, Breakfast Radio attracts our strongest presenters. As such, this role is best suited to someone with some past radio experience who can provide more specialised feedback and further strengthen the quality and branding of Breakfast Radio by seeking out new opportunities for presenters.

The ideal candidate will have some radio experience, is passionate about creating quality radio content and will possess the following skills:

• Approachable
  • Communication skills
  • Leadership skills
  • Team player
  • Critical thinker
  • Planning and organisational skills

This role is approximately 10-15 hours per week and the successful candidate will receive an honorarium based on their commitment to the role at the end of Semester One.

Please note that the Flagship Producer must have availability for Orientation Week 2019.

Applications will close 11.59 January 25th 2019.
Interviews will be conducted (TBA)

Woroni is committed to diversity in hiring. It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the ANU community so that we can better tell stories about everyone at the ANU. As such, Woroni welcomes applications from students that are from a range of diverse backgrounds and identities. If you identify with a diverse background, feel free to let us know in your application.