JOIN WORONI RADIO IN 2019 - APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!

Woroni Radio is seeking passionate, new:

• Daily Radio Producers, and Events officer

to join the Team in Semester two of 2019!

In 2019, Daily Radio Producers will be responsible for overseeing programming for their allocated evening, providing training and opportunities for presenters and operating radio automation software.

Producers will be responsible for providing assistance to hosts on their allocated evening by helping them to develop their show ideas and hone their radio skills. Producers will also be expected to get to know the hosts over the semester by running specialised training sessions and seeking out training or marketing opportunities for them, e.g. interviews, DJ gigs, open-mic nights, etc.

No past experience is required as long as you are keen to learn and passionate about helping our presenters create quality radio content 🙂

The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:

• Approachable
  • Communication skills
  • Team player
  • Critical thinker
  • Planning and organisational skills

This role is approximately 8 hours per week.

Producers are expected to attend regular meetings to communicate updates and plan presenter training sessions

Producers must be available to encourage show sign ups and run training sessions during Bush Week 2019.

The successful candidate will receive honoraria based on their commitment to the role at the end of Semester Two.

Events officer

This is a new senior sub-editor role in 2019, essentially combining the roles of executive producer and Breakfast Radio producer.

In this role you will:

• Oversee and assist with developing and running at least three events over semester 2.
  • Help presenters connect and create events that cater to a diverse range of presenter interests and needs
  • Will liaise with the team and external stakeholders to facilitate events
  • Will assist with transporting an setting up DJ decks, speakers and other broadcasting equipment at events

The ideal candidate will have some events experience, is passionate about fostering  a diverse community and will possess the following skills:

• Approachable
  • Communication skills
  • Team player
  • Critical thinker
  • Planning and organisational skills

This role is approximately 8 hours per week and the successful candidate will receive an honorarium based on their commitment to the role at the end of Semester two.

Please note that the events officer must have availability for Bush Week 2019.

Woroni is committed to diversity in hiring. It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the ANU community so that we can better tell stories about everyone at the ANU. As such, Woroni welcomes applications from students that are from a range of diverse backgrounds and identities. If you identify with a diverse background, feel free to let us know in your application.