Three wombats: one red, one blue and one purple
Editor's Blog

Join our News Team in 2018!

Woroni is looking for a team of News Reporters for Semester 2, 2018.

The role of a News Reporter will be to:

• Gather information on issues of interest to the ANU community.
  • Write articles to inform the ANU community of such issues.

News Reporters must be ANU students.

News Reporters are expected to report regularly on issues of interest to students. This can be quite flexible; it can take as little as 3 hours a week or more, depending on the type and volume of reporting. News Reporters are also expected to attend weekly or fortnightly news team meetings.

News articles will be published on the Woroni website and the fortnightly paper.

Training will be provided through an initial induction, followed by on-site training and more formal professional training (So please don’t hesitate if you’re interested but don’t have any experience!).

Reporting news for Woroni is a fun way to meet more people and get more involved on campus, whether that be student politics, colleges, or more personalised, smaller stories.

UPDATE: The applications will be open until COB on Sunday, 8 July. Successful applicants will be contacted for interviews the following week.

Woroni is committed to diversity in hiring. It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the ANU community so that we can better tell stories about everyone at ANU. As such, Woroni welcomes applications from students that are members of minority groups, including but not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students, racial minorities, gender and sexuality minorities, religious minorities and those living with a disability. If you identify as a minority and would like us to know, please feel free to tell us in your application.