Interhall Arts Committee Amps It Up for 2015

10610838_750021545055496_8375503860723474530_n

The ANU Interhall Arts Committee facilitates some of the most fun and accessible competitions for ANU’s residential halls and colleges. Their aim is to bring together student residences through the arts in an inclusive and supportive environment and to help residents pursue their artistic endeavours.

2014 saw IAC put on an interhall musical, talent night, art show, trivia night, spelling bee and poetry slam, choir, dance, chess, public speaking, debating and theatresports competitions, as well as several unique events including Big Night Out and Forty Hours of Film.

2015 IAC President Ben Ingelbrecht has foreshadowed an even greater year for IAC in 2015.

“We have designed an arts calendar that incorporates a wider variety of artistic events to draw in as many individuals as possible”.

“Our aim is to give all residents an opportunity to get involved in the arts.”.

On the cards for Term 1 is a trivia night, five rounds of debating and a ‘huge battle of the bands’ otherwise known as Big Night Out. Ingelbrecht maintains that IAC encourages participation regardless of whether you have a background in arts or not.

“The experience alone is fantastic”.

IAC regularly update their Facebook page with a calendar of upcoming events and photographs from past events.

With Burton and Garran Hall having won the Arts Shield in 2014 in tight victory over Burgmann College and John XXIII College, time will tell if the Redbacks can this year spin their web tighter still over the competition to keep the coveted trophy.