Dress To Be Your Best

Are you busy writing a million and one essays and have no time to shop or dress up for Halloween? Are you tired of donning the same old clichéd vampires, cats and other beasts? This is where I come in because the following are some interesting, not so time consuming and comfortable costume ideas for you.

Smarty Pants

This is a shout-out to all those people who are not in the mood for partying but are blackmailed and dragged along by their friends. Yes, I sympathise with the difficulty you feel in having to socialise after many sleepless nights of study. However, this is incredibly easy and versatile. All you have to do is dress casually: normal pants and a tee. Now comes the fun part, print off a random sheet of paper with some MCQs on it and grade yourself an A+, staple it to your pants and voilà!

Major Lazer

This one is for the lazy people out there. Are you in your pyjamas and too comfortable to change? Well, here’s some good news. Firstly, you are not alone. Secondly, you can go out in your pyjamas and claim that your “costume” is in fact the uniform of the lazy person. Not only will you be comfortable all night, but you’ll stand out too!

Onesies

This is somewhat self-explanatory. We all know laziness has its stages. First, where you just don’t want to dress up. Second, where you want to go out but don’t want to take time to dress up. Third, where you want to go out but don’t want to go shopping for an outfit in which to dress up. How about shopping online for onesies? Some sites have great dinosaurs, unicorns, and even tree onesies, all of which will look super adorable if carried off well!

Wannabe artist

It is safe to say that most of us have tried our hands at painting, some of whom have failed miserably too. However, this is completely okay because these are the skills you’ll need for this costume. Pick an outfit which is completely white and splash paint all over yourself. Pick up a beret and a palette from the $2 shop and you’ll be mistaken for Van Gogh.

Go classique!

Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn? A thousand times, yes! The classic look can never go out of date and it’s pretty easy. All you need is a black dress, bun-up your hair, throw on a string of pearls and lo and behold, Audrey Hepburn! Alternatively, pick a white dress and a blonde bob wig and you’re ready to go. The vintage look usually stands out as a winner!

As cheap and easy all these are, push the boundaries and try something different too. This is only the start of endless possibility!