Three wombats: one red, one blue and one purple

Casual Vacancy: Radio Editor

ANU Student Media is looking for an ANU student to fill a casual vacancy on our Board of Editors.

The successful applicant will take on the role of Radio Editor. The Radio Editor is responsible for Woroni Radio content and producing interesting, informative and diverse content that is relevant to the ANU community. The Radio Editor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing the radio management and production teams, planning for the future of Woroni Radio and maintaining the Kambri Office studio space.

The successful applicant will be expected to put in around 20-30 hours a week on average and can expect to be paid an honorarium to compensate for their time. The position will commence at the end of Week 8 and conclude on the last day of the semester two examination period. The role requires close collaboration with the seven other Board members, so an ability to work in a team is a must.

If you are at all interested we invite you to send your application to contact@woroni.com.au with the subject line “ANUSM Board Casual Vacancy Application”.

Your application must include;

• your name;
  • student number;
  • year of study;
  • your availability for an interview on Sunday 22 September, Monday 23 September and Wednesday 25 September;
  • 300 words or less on your relevant experience;
  • 300 words or less on why you want to be Radio Editor at ANUSM;
  • 300 words or less about your vision for the radio portfolio; and
  • one example of any written, photographic, audio, videographic or multimedia work.

Applications will close on Sunday 22 September, at 6pm.

Interviews may be conducted from Sunday 22 September to Wednesday 25 September.

For more information on the role, or the casual vacancy process, please feel free to inquire to the Editor-in-Chief, Julia, at julia@woroni.com.au.