Canberra Gig Guide

Oz hip hop staple Drapht will be playing the Zierholz at the University of Canberra on the 21st of March. Supported by N’fa Jones, Seven and Mr. Hill, the show starts at 8 and tickets are $28 through Oztix.

Canberra legends The King Hits take the stage at the Phoenix Pub once again this month. Bringing their distinctive brand of rockabilly infused surf rock, these rock ‘n’ roll veterans really know what they’re doing – and they’ll be doing it from 9pm on Saturday the 23rd of March.

Hip hop pioneer Grandmaster Flash will be playing a DJ set at Transit bar on the 24th of March supported by Jemist, Buick, MGO and Goldfinger. A true great of the hip-hop pantheon– this one’s for all you true hip-hop nerds out there. Tickets through Moshtix, doors at 4pm.

A touring mini-festival called Hits and Pits brings a fairly eclectic mix of bands representing a few different punk sub-genres. Most notable amongst the lineup are A Wilhelm Scream and Good Riddance from the states, as well as Jamie Hay and Jen Buxton from Newcastle and Melbourne. The show is at ANU Bar on the 27th of March, tickets can be bought for $80 through Ticketek, doors are at 8.

17 year old electronic musician and producer XXYYXX will be performing at Hippo Bar on Thursday the 28th of March. All the way from Florida, this guy is infuriatingly talented for how young he is; he’s been likened to The Weekend, Clams Casino and James Blake. Tickets are only $20 pre-sale, doors are at 5.

If you’re a fan of Ska revival you’ll be pleased to hear Australian band The Resignators will be launching their new CD at Transit Bar on the 4th of April.