Three Ws in the Woroni colours: Blue, Red and Purple

CONTENT SUB-EDITOR APPLICATIONS EXTENDED!

Join our content team in 2020 to produce the Woroni magazine!

We are looking for new content sub-editors to join the team in Semester One 2020. There are eight positions available, including one senior sub-editor and seven junior sub-editors. Experience is ideal for the senior sub-editor role, but unnecessary for the junior sub-editor roles.

In 2020 the Woroni content team will compromise of three sections: Features, Regulars, and Comment. Each section will include one senior sub-editor and three sub-editors. The positions available for each of these sections include:

Senior Content Sub-Editor

We are looking for one senior content sub-editor to work across all three sections on a rotating basis along with the other two senior sub-editors. The successful candidate will source, edit and copy edit written material from sub-editors and the wider ANU student body. They will be expected to assume a leadership role, as they will be supporting sub-editors in their respective sections.

The ideal candidate should have some experience in writing, editing and/or leadership.

Satire Sub-Editor

The satire sub-editor will be part of the ‘Features’ team. The ideal candidate will have a good sense of humour and appreciation for comedy and subversion. Creativity and passion are integral to this role, as they will work with the senior sub-editors and other members of the ‘Features’ team to brainstorm ideas for satire and comedy content. They will also be expected to proofread content, so an excellent grasp of spelling and grammar is a must.

Business and Economics Sub-Editor

The business and economics sub-editor will be part of the ‘Regulars’ team. They will contribute their own columns to each edition of the Woroni magazine focusing on issues related to commerce, finance, careers and the economy. They may also commission interested members of the wider ANU student body to submit content on commercial issues. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer and highly knowledgeable in the field of business and economics.

Environment Sub-Editor

The environment sub-editor will be part of the ‘Regulars’ team. They will contribute their own columns to each edition of the Woroni magazine focusing on issues related to the environment and sustainability. They may also commission interested members of the wider ANU student body to submit content on environmental issues. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer and passionate about the environment.

Science Sub-Editor

The science sub-editor will be part of the ‘Regulars’ team. They will contribute their own columns to each edition of the Woroni magazine focusing on issues related to science, technology and research. They may also commission interested members of the wider ANU student body to submit content about science. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer and highly knowledge about the different fields and debates within science.

International Sub-Editor

The international sub-editor will be part of the ‘Comment’ team. The ideal candidate will have an interest in representing cultural diversity and the international student community at ANU. Creativity and passion are integral to this role, as the successful candidate will work with the senior sub-editors and other members of the ‘Comment’ team to brainstorm ideas for commentary on international politics and culture. They will also be expected to proofread content sourced and edited by the senior sub-editors, so an excellent grasp of spelling and grammar is a must.

Arts Sub-Editor

The arts sub-editor will be part of the ‘Comment’ team. The ideal candidate will have an interest in art, music, theatre, film and literature. Creativity and passion are integral to this role, as the successful candidate will work with the senior sub-editors and other members of the ‘Comment’ team to brainstorm ideas for commentary on the arts and cultural industries. They will also be expected to proofread content sourced and edited by the senior sub-editors, so an excellent grasp of spelling and grammar is a must.

Reviews Sub-Editor

The reviews sub-editor will be part of the ‘Comment’ team. The ideal candidate will have strong opinions on and passion for the cultural industry around the world. Creativity and passion are integral to this role, as the successful candidate will work with the senior sub-editors and other members of the ‘Comment’ team to brainstorm ideas for reviews. They will also be expected to proofread content sourced and edited by the senior sub-editors, so an excellent grasp of spelling and grammar is a must.

Applications for all positions will close at 12pm on Saturday 7 December.

Shortlisted candidates will be asked to attend an interview via Skype. Interviews will be held from Monday 9 December until Friday 15 December.