Astro Travellers in Canberra

ASTRO_TRAVELLERS_10072015_A3-930x581

The Astro Travellers are a genre bending act, incorporating aspects of neo-soul, hip hop, and a little bit of funk and jazz. A mix like this can make them hard to describe, but the one thing I would describe them as is cosmically cool. The pulses and rhymes of Brisbane hip-hop/jazz crew Astro Travellers are a blend of improvisation and carefully crafted beats to create a harmonic intergalactic space ship to take you away to another place. The gang, who formed in 2013, has been developing their signature sound ever since. Having joined forces with the fast-paced rhymes of emcees Rui Da Cruz and ALI the GREAT, the group boasts one of the finest rhythm sections that Brisbane has to offer. More recently Astro Travellers have featured the future soul vocals of Tiana Khasi – you might know her from her 2014 collaboration with the alternative electronic act The Kite String Tangle, Stone Cold. Manifest in the sound scape produced by this collective of talented musicians is an eclectic mix of influences, oscillating between the likes of J Dilla and Sun Ra, as well as homegrown acts such as MKO and Laneous & The Family Yah.

Astro Travellers are coming to Canberra on the 11th of July, 2015. Their gig at La De Da is just one stop in a highly anticipated East-Coast Tour in support of their debut EP “Seven Metaphors”. These experimental beat and rhyme makers have been busy, also producing a limited edition 7 ” Vinyl My Whole Life b/w Future Supernova under their label Green Chimney records which is available at http://astrotravellers.bandcamp.com/releases

Joining Astro Travellers will be a formidable roster of special guests for their Canberra show, including DJ Katch (of infamous Brisbane hip-hoppers Resin Dogs), wily wordsmith Indigohost and electro beat mashers p a r k s. If you don’t want to miss out, hit up their FB event or follow the sound of some real nice grooves to La De Da when they hit Canberra!

Astro Travellers play at La De Da on the 11th, and more information about their Canberra show and the rest of their tour can be found at https://www.facebook.com/events/972181269479336/