A motion passed at Student Representative Council (SRC) 3 saw six working groups established to explore ways to improve ANUSA’s responses and capabilities in relation to current aspects of life at ANU. The motion was put forward by General Representatives Ben Yates and Ben Wicks, after a planning day in which the GenReps discussed how they could continue their work remotely and improve structure within their roles.

The meeting saw debate arise over the creation of the Arts Funding Working Group. An amendment was moved that would prevent the formation of this working group, because funding for arts based clubs is the responsibility of Clubs Council. It was argued by Education Officer Skanda Panditharatne and Clubs Council Chair Jacob Howland that the Clubs Council should therefore facilitate this discussion. However, the amendment failed after it was explained that the working group was being created to search for arts funding outside of Clubs Council. The working group will research whether creating a dedicated body for arts funding and institutional arts knowledge is feasible and beneficial for the arts scene at ANU. 

The other working groups formed include the Kambri Tenancy Working Group, which will explore whether ANUSA can take on the tenancies of Kambri businesses. The group will consider whether or not this path of action is feasible financially and long term. 

The Service Improvement Group Working Group is centred around building a working relationship between ANUSA and the ANU’s Service Improvement Group. This is expected to lead to the group beginning to work on common issues faced by students, by bypassing the bureaucracy that often delays changes that need to be made.

The Campus Master Plan Working Group is focussed around examining the Campus Master Plan and creating a strategy for ANUSA to advocate for students as decisions about the future of the campus are being made.

The Future of Course Representatives Working Group aims to continue to engage, support and motivate course representatives. It will look at course representatives in the near future and their potential role next semester if courses remain online,  and engaging them when university moves back to real life.

Finally, the Off Campus Working Group is being created to workshop the future of the off-campus collective, which was established and collapsed earlier this year. It will also look further at how ANUSA can advocate for off-campus students. 

Membership of each of the working groups will be discussed at the first meetings. Each of the working groups will be chaired by either Ben Yates or Ben Wicks, while a secretary will be elected in this meeting to continue the role for the following meetings.