As ACT Health releases more exposure sites of COVID-19, some residents at the ANU have been identified as close contacts of positive COVID-19 cases. Residents at Toad Hall, Wamburun Hall, and Bruce Hall have entered a strict lockdown. Students are being provided food and pastoral support while the residents who are close contacts are isolating in self-contained facilities. Should the close contacts test negative for COVID-19, the wider Hall will exit the strict lockdown.

Residents from the three Halls are not to leave their rooms unless to go to the bathroom, at which point they must wear a mask. They are also not allowed to leave their room for exercise, shopping or to be vaccinated (appointments must be cancelled or postponed). Students from Wamburun Hall and Bruce Hall are further unable to visit their ‘bubble buddy’. Students from Toad Hall may get food and drink from the kitchen before 1pm today. 

Toad Hall is expecting to get the test results for their close contact resident soon. 

An ANU Spokesperson could not give an exact figure on the population of these halls, but said that hundreds will be affected.

This is the second strict lockdown for Wamburun Hall and first for Bruce Hall and the postgraduate-only Toad Hall. As more COVID-19 exposure sites emerge, students on campus have been told that they will likely see more strict lockdowns. 

For more information on new COVID-19 exposure sites, see here.