On May 24, PARSA held their annual general meeting to present their new constitution. The Postgraduate and Research Students Association (PARSA) is the student union for postgraduates. 

The meeting began with the chair presenting a report on the work of the Postgraduate Representative Council (PRC) since the last AGM, last year. Highlights include providing 250 students with assistance grants, totalling $100,000. Additionally, the PRC has organised 33 events, catering for 1000 students.

As a result of an internal dispute that occurred in 2021, the ANU contracted EVA, a specialist firm and the ANU Corporate Governance and Risk Office, to consult on establishing a new constitution. 

For a special resolution to be passed, 75 percent of attendees must vote in favour. The amended PARSA Constitution motion was passed with no votes against its amended provisions, nor did anyone speak against it. Further information about the proposed PARSA Constitution can be seen here

The ANU Council will have to assent to the constitution before it comes into practice. This meeting will take place in July. 

PARSA’s Financial Officer stated that the organisation had $1.7 million in revenue and $1.6 million in expenditure between 2021-2022. However, this net profit was partly the result of COVID-19 assistance grants from last year rolling over.

No mention was made of the ANUSA-PARSA merger, which the PRC has declined to accept.