Woroni Elections Semester 2 2018

ANU Student Media Inc. is delighted to open nominations for four positions on the Board of Editors: Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Art Editor, Content Editor and TV Editor.

Nominations for these Editor positions are now open and will close on Monday 21 May 2018. Please note that only nominees who have made three valid contributions to ANU Student Media over a period of two weeks and one day (that is, a period longer than the nomination period) will be accepted. The student body will have the opportunity to elect nominees during the week of Monday 28 May – Friday 5pm 1 June 2018. 

The Editor positions will be for 12 months from June 16 2018 to 18 June 2019.

Nominations must include:

1. Your name;
  2. Your student number;
  3. Your year of study;
  4. Position you are applying for
  5. One example of written, videographic, photographic or multi-media work which is the original work of the nominee; and
  6. A short biography including why you are interested in being an editor of Woroni(no more than 200 words).

Please send all nominations and any queries to the Returning Officer, Roxanne Missingham, at Roxanne.Missingham@anu.edu.au by 5pm on Monday 21 May 2018.

The student body will have the opportunity to elect nominees during the week of Monday 28 May – Friday 5pm 1 June 2018. 

Please note, due to the implementation of the new constituion as of this year, elections for the Board of Editors are now **direct elections** therefore, please ensure you also specify the Editor position you would like to nominate for. 

Position Descriptions:

Deputy Editor-in-Chief 

The Deputy Editor-in-Chief is responsible for creating and maintaining minutes, policy, procedure and records, as well as interpreting the Constitution. The Deputy EIC works alongside the Managing Editor to manage a team of admin sub-editors that assist with Social Media, Instagram, managing Woroni’s online presence and administrative organisation. The flexability of the role allows the DEIC to support the rest of the editors on the Board with their projects and ideas while also providing support for the Editor-in-Chief, and the Managing Editor.

Content Editor 

The Content Editor is responsible for the Woroni print content in the newspaper and online, producing interesting, informative and diverse content that is relevant to the ANU community. In addition to this, the Content Editor manages the Print Team and is responsible for setting the direction for print and online content. They manage a team of sub-editors to collectively source materials for the paper and assist in editing the content that comes through.

Art Editor 

The Art Editor is responsible for producing and sourcing art for the Assocation and the fornightly paper, it is a design intensive role that calls for creativity while continuing to develop the Woroni brand. They assist with laying out the paper and other art and design based projects for the Association.

Television Editor

The role of the Television Editor is to oversee the Television Team in the production of video content for the Woroni TV platform. This includes working with the Television sub-editors to execute video pitched through the drafting of scripts, conducting of interviews, filming and editing of footage. The TV Editor oversees the production process from start to publication, working with sub-editors to produce engaging student-driven content within existing video formats, as well as expanding the Woroni TV platform through the creation of new segments.