vote graphic

Woroni Elections Semester 1 2019

ANU Student Media Inc. is delighted to open nominations for three positions on the Board of Editors: Managing Editor, Radio Editor and News Editor.

Nominations for these Editor positions are now open and will close on Friday 12 October 2018. Please note that only nominees who have made three valid contributions to ANU Student Media over a period of two weeks and one day (that is, a period longer than the nomination period) will be accepted. The student body will have the opportunity to elect nominees during the week of Monday 22 October – Friday 5pm 26 October 2018. 

The Editor positions will be for 12 months from November 18 2018 to 17 November 2019.

Nominations must include:

1. Your name;
  2. Your student number;
  3. Your year of study;
  4. Position you are applying for
  5. One example of written, videographic, photographic or multi-media work which is the original work of the nominee; and
  6. A short biography including why you are interested in being an editor of Woroni (no more than 200 words).

Please send all nominations and any queries to the Returning Officer, Roxanne Missingham, at Roxanne.Missingham@anu.edu.au by 5pm on Friday 12 October 2018.

The student body will have the opportunity to elect nominees during the week of Monday 22 October – Friday 5pm 26 October 2018. 

Please note, due to the implementation of the new constitution as of this year, elections for the Board of Editors are now **direct elections** therefore, please ensure you also specify the Editor position you would like to nominate for. 

Position Descriptions:

Managing Editor 

The Managing Editor is responsible for creating and maintaining the books and financial recording of the Association, and managing ANUSM’s business relationships, as well as, preparing, managing and regularly reporting on the budget. The Managing Editors is also responsible for securing adverting prospects for the Association, working closely with their Business Development and Marketing Sub-Editors.

Radio Editor 

The Radio Editor is responsible for Woroni Radio content and producing interesting, informative and diverse content that is relevant to the ANU community. The Radio Editor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing the radio management and production teams, planning for the future of Woroni Radio and coordinating the move to the Kambri Office studio space.

News Editor 

The News Editor is responsible for the Woroni news content and is part of the Print Team and is responsible for setting the direction for the news division. The News Editor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring ANUSM is reporting and investigating news for the ANU student body, and writing and editing news pieces. They manage a team of news reporters who source and write the news pieces for the print and online media platforms of Woroni.