The Woroni logo on a background of blue, purple, and red wombats

Woroni Board of Editors Nominations

ANU Student Media Inc. is delighted to open nominations for four positions on the Board of Editors: Managing Editor and three General Editors. Any member of the Association can nominate for these positions.

Nominations for the position of Editor are now open and will close on Monday 2 October 2017. Please note that only nominees who have made three valid contributions to ANU Student Media over a period of two weeks and one day (that is, a period longer than the nomination period) will be accepted. The student body will have the opportunity to elect nominees during the week of Monday 23 – Friday 27 October 2017. 

The Editor positions will be for 12 months from November 18 2017 to 17 November 2018.

The role descriptions, as set out by the constitution, are as follows:

1 Managing Editor.

The Managing Editor is responsible for creating and maintaining the books and financial recording of the Association, and managing ANUSM’s business relationships, as well as, preparing, managing and regularly reporting on the budget. The Managing Editors is also responsible for securing adverting prospects for the Association, working closely with their Business Development and Marketing Sub-Editors.

3 General Editors.

The General Editors must: (a) perform any duties assigned to them by the Board; (b) provide assistance to the Executive Officers of the Association in the performance of their duties as requested by the Board; and (c) manage and supervise sub-editors, staff writers and contributors of publications.

General Editors, conventionally, look after different portfolios within the Association including News, Content, Art, Radio, Television, and Deputy-in-Chief. Though all but Deputy are not currently set out by the Constitution, it is something to consider when nominating for the role.

Nominations must include:

1. Your name;
  2. Your student number;
  3. Your year of study;
  4. One example of written, videographic, photographic or multi-media work which is the original work of the nominee; and
  5. A short biography including why you are interested in being an editor of Woroni(no more than 200 words).

Please send all nominations and any queries to the Returning Officer, Roxanne Missingham, at Roxanne.Missingham@anu.edu.au by 5pm on Monday 2 October 2017.

Come by and meet the outgoing Editors to ask questions and get a feel for the role! We will be at the Pop-up at 1pm on September 22 and September 27 (time TBC).