Local Family Postpone Funeral Of Beloved Grandmother Due To Clash With Game Of Thrones

The funeral of the late Elise Taylor has been postponed to the afternoon of April 26, due to a request of the family. The original date of the funeral, set for April 25, was ruled out as a result of a clash with the premiere of the new Game of Thrones episode. When asked why, Mr. Taylor’s son explained, “we were going to have the funeral at 10, but the premiere was at 11.” After some consideration, the family decided that they would be at risk of the funeral running over time, exposing the family to potential spoilers.

As Jen Taylor elaborated,
“Look, I loved Nan, don’t get me wrong, but we’ve only been waiting for her to die for like 6 months. I’ve wanted to know whether Jon Snow really dies for over a year. Plus a funeral there’s like no big surprises right? It’s not like she’s gonna jump back out of the casket. But Game of Thrones?? How am I meant to avoid spoilers when I’m on Facebook on the toilet at the wake?”

“We thought about pushing it to 5pm on the 25th,” explained Mr Taylor, “But then we thought that if there was a problem with the stream, we might not have watched it in time, and people at the funeral might have. They might let something slip. We thought it would be safer to give it at least 24 hours.”

The family wanted to thank friends for their support during this difficult time.