Applications are now open to fill the casual vacancy for the position of Deputy Editor-in-Chief, closing at 6pm on Sunday the 15th of November.
The Deputy Editor-in-Chief sits on the board of editors and is responsible for the internal management of Woroni. This includes creating and maintaining minutes, policy, procedure and records, managing elections as well as interpreting the Constitution. They also manage the Woroni office and make purchases on behalf of the organisation and organise events. The Deputy Editor-in-Chief is also responsible for managing Social Media Sub-Editors. Interviews will take place on Monday the 16th and Tuesday the 17th, please specify if you can’t make these days.
To apply please respond to the questions below and provide evidence of your contributions to Woroni in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why do you want to apply for the role of Deputy Editor-in-Chief?
- Please describe the skills that you would bring to the role?
- Outline briefly your relevant experience
- Give an example of your team work skills and your ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at once.
- Provide an example of your Woroni contribution e.g. an article, radio show, art piece or TV video
We acknowledge the Ngunnawal and Ngambri people, who are the Traditional Custodians of the land on which Woroni, Woroni Radio and Woroni TV are created, edited, published, printed and distributed. We pay our respects to Elders past and present and emerging. We acknowledge that the name Woroni was taken from the Wadi Wadi Nation without permission, and we are striving to do better for future reconciliation.