ANUSA'S Hypernova Review: Hyperfeels

Hyper Nova, Nova Hyper, HyNo, anyway you write it, all can be defined as a funky fresh time thanks to our main squeezes, ANUSA. My day, like many other hypernova goers, began with one too many $6 jugs courtesy of Woroni (ily). From there, the hordes of freshers and ANU veterans made their way onto Fellows.

So tbh, I was loving the $6 Woroni jugs so much that I missed everyone before Basenji, however I heard from the multitudes of ANU’s under-agers that Edd Fisher, TOYO, Tak-Un-Da and Ego were all total babes. I can say from first hand experience that Basenji was brilliant and everyone needs to listen to his song Petals; it will become your jam as it’s super fresh and super funky. However, the real stars of the show of course, were San Cisco and CHVRCHES who did the finely manicured lawns of Fellows justice.

One of the not so great parts of the Hypernova scene this year were the masses of angry small kids in the mosh. Being my third big ANU party, I had never noticed this sickly breed present in the mosh before, pressed up against each other like the sardines we’re supposed to be in our ill-advised youth. Speaking of the mosh, I am delighted to report a total of 3 used condoms were found during the clean up. Nothing like making some sweaty loving in a crowd of approximately 100 people to some really spectacular music. If I was to make love to anyone during Hypernova, it would be to CHVRCHES. I’ve never seen anyone get around the stage as much as the lead singer, who was not only a hyper-babe, but she also brought some quality British banter. Overall 10/10 night, thanks ANUSA and Woroni for the loving.