Another ticket has launched today, bringing the total to eight tickets running in this year’s ANUSA elections. 

‘You! for ANUSA’ is headed by Rafe Harrison-Murray, running for Treasurer, the only executive position the ticket is contesting. Harrison-Murray previously ran for the position of General Representative in last year’s election but was not elected. The ticket is also running two CBE Representative candidates and twelve General Representative candidates.

The ticket is aligned with and is receiving financial support from the ANU Liberal Club. Harrison-Murray is the campaigns officer for the ANU Liberal Club, and two General Representative candidates, Lily Law and Max Evans, are also general representatives of the Liberal Club. 

This is the second year in a row that ‘You! for ANUSA’ is running in the elections; they explain, “because ANUSA hasn’t changed, to make a point, we haven’t changed our ticket name.” ‘You! For ANUSA’ identifies “wasteful spending by ANUSA” as a key issue and strives to “reallocat(e) that money to practical services students actually need. ‘You! For ANUSA’ proposes three key policies, targeting increased quality and quantity of ANU campus’s practical services, increasing mental health support and reducing ‘executive waste.’

This year’s ticket has an increased emphasis on ANUSA’s finances, anticipating “cuts to ANUSA’s budget” due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is evident in their sole executive candidate for the position of Treasurer. 

‘You! for ANUSA’s’ ticket comprises of the following candidates: 

Executive

Treasurer: Rafe Harrison-Murray

College of Business and Economics: 

Aarfa Khan 

Alex Rigby 

General Representatives: 

Harry Colquhoun

Sanoj Jayakody

Lily Law

Hamish Wark

Charlotte Menagh

Riyan Aggarwal

Jenson Barker

Chelsea Dempster

Tony Wu

Max Evans

Eliza Maher

Michael Torkington

Clarification 10/8: a previous version of this article stated that YOU! for ANUSA was affiliated with the Liberal Party of Australia, when it is only aligned with the ANU Liberal Club. The article has been amended to reflect this.