ANUSA’s Women’s Department has announced their two new Deputy Officers for 2022: Stella Leonardi (she/they) and Elodie de Rover (she/her). They were both elected in a contested election. 

Elodie is studying a Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics, and is a “…huge admirer of the work that’s been done, [and] the community that has been built…” by the Women’s Department. She is passionate about addressing SASH accountability at the ANU, the effects of the pandemic, and student wellbeing. However, she also views her role as representative and wants to “…amplify voices and specific issues that are important to our members.”

Stella is in her second year of a double Bachelor of Law and Environmental Science. She ran for Deputy Officer because she is “incredibly passionate about the women’s department” and wants to make sure the support offered extends to “…even more women and non-binary students…”.  Stella has three main ideas she wants to focus on as Deputy Officer: continuing the work of Aurora and Azraa, increasing the diversity of Women’s Department events especially through working with the Queer* and BIPOC Departments and the Disabled Students Association, and to work closely with the Women’s Advocates from each hall.