The ANU has announced a number of planned changes to University-related travel, events and functions in light of the ACT Government’s planned further relaxation of COVID-19 restrictions on the 12th of November.

The University has also announced planned upgrades to on-campus building ventilation to reduce potential COVID-19 transmission over the coming months and into 2022.

University-related domestic travel and international travel to Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) level one and two countries is to recommence today. All university travel must still comply with the conditions of the ANU Travel Policy, with relevant state and territory health advice and DFAT health advice. 

Travel to DFAT level three and four countries is still not permitted and further information concerning the approval process will be provided by the end of November. 

From the 15th of November, small-scale events can recommence with a 100 person limit for indoor events and a 300 person limit for outdoor events. External guests will be permitted to attend events from the 26th of November where the event attendance limit will be raised to 500 people.

The ANU plans to upgrade ventilation to all of its buildings on campus to improve air circulation and reduce potential COVID-19 transmission, particularly in high occupancy spaces such as libraries and study spaces. 

All buildings on campus currently meet standard ventilation requirements and guidelines. Where permanent upgrades to a building or space are not possible, the ANU will implement temporary changes until a permanent solution is found.

The Acton campus continues to operate at ‘medium risk’ for the remainder of the year and will aim to downgrade to ‘COVID-normal’ by 2022.

More details on the ANU COVID Pathway to 2022 can be found here.