The ANU has released advice regarding student accommodation applications in preparation for a return to on campus residences for Semester 2. Residences will not be re-opening to full capacity in compliance with social distancing requirements, meaning not all students who lived on campus will be able to return. 

Accomodation applications will only be available to students who resided in ANU Residences in Semester 1 2020. It is unclear if the First Year Accommodation Guarantee will apply for first year students commencing their studies in Semester 2. The criteria for deciding who will be able to return to their residence are unknown, and it is uncertain how college life will be altered to accommodate the new restrictions. Burgmann and John XXIII Colleges will be running their own independent returning processes and students are encouraged to contact their respective college’s Administration staff for further information.

General consensus from  students indicates  concern about the lack of transparency regarding the return to campus.The implications of the limited amount of returners has also raised discussion about the fracturing of the college population and the impact this will have on student relationships and college events. It is expected that the ANU will provide more information soon.

Applications will open on Wednesday 3 June 2020 and close on Wednesday 17 June 2020 COB, and return offers will be sent on Friday 19th of June. The advice statement and advice on the returners application process can be found here.