Chaotic Neutral, the ANU student hub on the peer-to-peer downloading clients DC (Windows) and Valknut (Mac), will be shutting down on Friday November 1 at midnight.

The decision was announced via email to all Chaotic Neutral members on Monday and on the hub’s website.

“For some time we have been helping users get their daily fill of gay porn, HIMYM and Linux ISOs. However, this has come hand-in-hand with a set of challenges, which we aren’t ‘big enough’ to handle (unlike your mother).

“Whilst the operation and use of this service has been enjoyable, we now wish to exclusively devote our time to getting pedicures and researching penis enlargement procedures.”

When questioned by a distraught user on reddit, the hub’s admin(s) stated: “Why not? It’s been five years, we got bored and most people are ungrateful. Someone else should feel free to reimplement, however.”

Indeed, the Chaotic Neutral website now links readers to a guide on GitHub, an open software site, that contains a script for creating a DC hub.

So if you live on campus and aren’t a tech genius, begin hording! Considering that torrents are blocked to most on Resnet, you only have days to download as much as your hard drive can hold.

Chaotic Neutral will be holding farewell drinks at the Wig and Pen on November 8 at 7pm.