2019 ANUSA election ticket ‘Electrify ANUSA’ has been informed that their original logo was in breach of the ANUSA electoral regulations. Following their ticket launch on Monday night,  Electrify was informed by the returning officer that their original logo too closely resembled that of ‘Empower your ANUSA’, and that it needed to be changed.

Ticket convenor Nick Pagonis outlined that Electrify “received an email from the returning officer stating that we were in breach of the electoral regulations and that we were to change our logo.” 

However, Pagonis didn’t perceive the decision as an inconvenience, highlighting that “the way I look at it this is a positive, If empower want to have lightning, that’s all good, we are looking forward to upgrading our logo to Zeus, god of lightning.”

This sentiment was echoed in a video announcement on Electrify’s facebook page. In which, Pagonis asserted “you don’t like that logo, we changed the logo to Zeus, Malakas.” Concluding with “you mess with us again, you hear from me again.”

Electrify are one of three ANUSA election tickets released as of midday, Wednesday, 7 August. The ticket is running on a platform concerning the development of the social climate in and around ANU, utilising the slogan “more parties, less bullshit.”

The ANUSA elections are scheduled for week 5 of semester two.

Grace Sixsmith did not contribute to the publishing of this article.