After two and a half years of online learning, the ANU is now returning to predominantly in-person learning. According to a spokesperson for the University, ANU will have on-campus teaching “wherever possible” and “planning…for attendance to be in person” in Semester 2. There is no universal commitment to non-mandatory tutorials, or multimodal learning with online tutorials and lectures.

You can access the new timetable planner here to see if there are current offerings for multi-modal participation in your courses, with some class sign-ups opening 11 July.

The University has committed to giving “remote learning options… to those students who need them due to COVID-19 disruptions.” However, messaging from the University says that remote adjustments will not be possible in some courses, and that “course messages on Programs and Courses and communications from Colleges will identify those courses where remote adjustments are available”.

ANU has not commented on how many courses will have remote adjustments available. On Programs and Courses, of the 732 undergraduate course codes listed, under fifteen percent are marked as having an online option. Of these, only twenty first year courses are listed with an online option: twelve languages courses, two Asian Studies, two Astronomy, one Psychology, one Pacific Studies, one Law, and one International Relations.

An ANU spokesperson confirmed that “…recorded lectures will continue to be offered as previously [sic] giving most students continued flexibility.”

If you would like to know how your courses will be managed, the spokesperson has said that “students can confirm delivery options with course convenors or with relevant academic Colleges.”