With early voting opening today, the 9th of May, Woroni has collated all the information you need to know to cast your vote before Election Day.

Can I vote early?

Anyone registered to vote in the Australian election can vote early in-person. This includes if you are registered interstate. Before you go to vote early, you need to check you are enrolled, and which electorate you are enrolled to vote in. You can do this here.

Where can I vote early?

A select number of polling booths are open for early voting, with some specifically designated for interstate early voting. Below is a list of booths located close to campus, for both early voting in the ACT, and for students voting interstate. Below each option you can find a link detailing opening hours, and accessibility considerations for students with disabilities.

11 Moore St, Canberra ACT 2601 

Early voting and early interstate voting

Opening hours and accessibility info can be found here.

Old Parliament House, 18 King George Tce, Parkes ACT 2600

You can see these polling booths and their proximity to campus below:

There are also early voting booths in Belconnen, Mitchell, Tuggeranong and Phillip. You can view info about these voting booths here.

This article forms part of Woroni’s Federal Election coverage. Stay tuned for further updates as the election draws nearer.