Current ANUSA Vice-President Madhumitha Janagaraja is running for President on ‘Brighter Together’, and the Undergraduate ANU Council Representative. She is running with current Chair of the Interhall Council Christian Flynn for Vice-President, John Dove for Education Officer, current Women’s Officer Siang Jin Law for Treasurer, Bella Hewitt for Social Officer and current President of Burton & Garren Hall Meg Malone for General Secretary. 

The ticket is politically independent and none of the executive candidates are members of political parties. Last year, Janagaraja ran independently on her ticket ‘Madhu for ANU’. In response to questions from Woroni, her choice to run with a ticket this year was due to her realisation “over the course of my current role as Vice President this year the importance of relationships ANUSA can no longer continue to function as a solitary advocacy body and needs instead to effectively work with other student leaders and groups on campus to be efficient in its advocacy and work.”

Janagaraja is proposing a strategic plan that involves “strengthening ANUSA’s institutional knowledge, standardising training protocols for representatives, developing a long term communication strategy of ANUSA’s work with the student body and perhaps most prominently – establishing long term KPIs for individual advocacy portfolios.”

‘Brighter Together’s’ National Union of Students delegates, if elected, will either sit independently or with a non-binding faction. The Grassroots Independents are the only non-binding faction of the NUS. 

‘Brighter Together’s’ ticket is as follows:

Executive

President: Madhumitha Janagaraja

Vice-President: Christian Flynn

Treasurer: Siang Jin Law

General Secretary: Meg Malone

Education Officer: John Dove 

Social Officer: Bella Hewitt

College of Asia and the Pacific

Andre Kwok

College of Arts and Social Sciences

Aryanne Caminschi

College of Law

Lily Henke

Joint Colleges of Science

Sai Campbell

College of Business and Economics

Jayden S Pham

General Representatives 

Destiny Harding 

Neha Kalele

Issy Grbin

Avan Daruwalla

Frank Hooper

Kensley Crowley

Claire Noack

Rania Teguh

Max Cleversley

Kendall Jiao

Niam Foxcroft

Aaron Bronnitt

Phoenix O’Neill

Isabella Vacaflores

NUS Delegates

John Dove

Christian Flynn

Madhumitha Janagaraja

Aaron Bronnitt

Siang Jin Law