After a year-long absence, the Brian Kenyon Student Space (BKSS) opens back up on campus. 

The BKSS is an “open space for ANU students” to recharge, study, and relax. A consistent source of comfort for many students over the years, COVID restrictions (as well as many relocations during heavy periods of construction) have prevented it from operating at full speed, or at all. After several location changes over the past few years, the BKSS is now operating out of the Di Riddell building in the heart of campus. 

The BKSS offers a wide array of services for students. As stated in a recent Facebook post, these include: free breakfasts Monday-Friday, charger hire, textbooks, board games, tea and coffee, and free pads and tampons.

There are, however, necessary changes that have been made to comply with COVID restrictions. There is a maximum of 10 occupants at any given time, a maximum two hour stay in the BKSS, and required sign in through the CheckInCBR app. Moreover, the parent’s room will remain closed, and the fridges and microwaves will remain inaccessible to students.  

Starting this week, the BKSS will be open 10.30 am till 7.30 pm, with free breakfast 8.30 till 10.30 am, Monday to Friday.