Ellen Trevanion is pictured 2nd from the left in the 2nd row from the top.

The 2014 ANUSA General Secretary, Ellen Trevanion, has resigned.

Trevanion is the second member of the 2014 ANUSA executive to quit, following Lachlan McDermott’s resignation as Social Officer-elect in November. Like McDermott, Trevanion was elected uncontested as a member of the ticket, Bounce!.

A statement was released today by 2014 ANUSA President Cam Wilson, explaining that Trevanion has resigned from her position due to personal reasons, and that Zaiga Thomann has been appointed Acting-General Secretary.

According to the ANUSA Constitution, the position of General Secretary will be considered a casual vacancy, filled at the next Student Representative Council (SRC) meeting. All undergraduate students of the ANU may nominate for the position, however only members of the 2014 SRC are entitled to vote.

The first SRC meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 18. For more information about the vacancy, contact Cam Wilson at sa.president@anu.edu.au.