The College of Business and Economics have announced the re-opening of the ANU Tax Clinic. The student-run tax clinic aims to help unrepresented taxpayers and ANU students by providing taxpayers who earn an income of below $60,000. The clinic will provide clients with information and guidance to ensure they comply with their various tax affairs. The ANU is the first University to provide a tax service to students in the ACT, and will be partnering with tax and finance professionals across the region. 

The Tax Clinic can provide guidance on a wide range of tax concerns including how to lodge tax returns, how to use the MyGov website, Tax File Number applications, and more complicated issues such as residency. Clients will receive guidance from ANU accounting students being supervised by experienced tax practitioners. 

Client services will be available via phone or a web conferencing system if preferred. The Clinic will be open from 12 August 2020 to 23 October 2020. Appointments will be available on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Further information on the ANU Tax Clinic can be found on the CBE’s website here.

Updated 11/8: A previous version of this article said that students would be able to attend the clinic in person. The article has been amended to show this.