The Australian Capital Territory has recorded its first locally acquired case of COVID-19 in over a year. With that, the territory will go into lockdown for seven days, starting at 5pm today (Thursday, 12th of August). The mask mandate will return and people will not be allowed to leave their homes for non-essential purposes. According to ACT Health, people will still be allowed to exercise for up to one hour per day with one other person, or their household group.

The ANU will mirror this lockdown, the campus will close and all studies will be done remotely. The restrictions for those living on campus are still unclear, with the University stating that students living on campus must “await advice from [their] residential hall or college”.

Exposure sites can be found on the ACT Health website here. The infected individual is reported to have been using the CBR Check-In App, and authorities are in the process of accessing this data to inform those potentially exposed. Amongst the exposure sites are Fiction Bar, Assembly Pub, and Coles Manuka. If you are identified as a close contact or a secondary contact of COVID-19, you need to contact that COVID Response Officer of the ANU at the email COVIDResponseOffice@anu.edu.au.