The ANU Liberal Club have announced their ticket for the upcoming ANUSA elections, titled “You! For ANUSA”. Their policies primarily centre around pay cuts for the executive, which includes less money spent on perks and retreats.

‘You!’’s executive candidates are Adam Cass, Georga Nonnenmacher and Ethan Gardiner, who are running for President, Vice President and Treasurer respectively. They are not fielding candidates for General Secretary, Social Officer or Education Officer. ‘You! For ANUSA’ are also only running 13 General Representatives, meaning they are not contesting all the 14 available positions.

“ANU is a university, not an up-market shopping centre”

The policy priorities of ‘You! For ANUSA’ include recalibrating the ANUSA budget to greater align with student needs, such as affordability and practical services. If elected, the ticket’s executive candidates additionally plan to demand a commitment from the ANU to protect students’ personal information from hackers.

Adam Cass asserted that the “ANU is a university, not an up-market shopping centre” and that ‘You!’ plans to “expand the ANUSA Student Meals program and organise deals and vouchers with Kambri vendors for more affordable meal options, especially for off-campus students.”

Cass further argued that “too many on-campus students are ripped off by excessive charges and administration fees at halls, especially by UniLodge-run accommodation.”

‘You!’ wants to ensure that the ANU implements recommendations from the AHRC and NOUS, and has ‘transparent indicators’ to determine progress from residential halls, ANUSA and ANU. They also plan to create more mental health support throughout the university, through mental health support groups and training programs for all students. ‘You!’ also plans to work with ANU parking to create a real-time parking information system so that for those who commute by car to campus will know if and where parks are available.

Adam Cass is the current President of the ANU Liberal Club, with many members of the executive or the club running on the ticket. General Representative candidate Oliver MacGibbon is also the Vice-President of the Australian Liberal Students’ Federation.

Cass stated that “too often ANUSA can be caught up in its own bubble, focusing on niche issues and neglecting what matters most – providing key services to ANU students”. While Gardiner emphasised that “You! is here to keep ANUSA accountable to these expenses as well as find better ways to spend your money for the services and support that the ANU community really deserves.”

The entire ‘You! For ANUSA’ ticket, announced this evening, is as follows:

President: Adam Cass

Vice President: Georga Nonnenmacher

Treasurer: Ethan Gardiner

General Representative: Lachie Ballard

General Representative: Oliver MacGibbon

General Representative: Harry Colqoan

General Representative: Alex Robson

General Representative: Jenson Barker

General Representative: Hrithik Chaubal

General Representative: Charlotte Menagh

General Representative: Lizzy Wheeler

General Representative: Tasha Alderson

General Representative: Isaac Ellis

General Representative: Max Vidler

General Representative: Rafe Harrison Murray

General Representative: Avneet Bakshi

College of Law Representative: Tiger Lin

College of Business and Economics Representative: Jye Beardow

College of Arts and Social Sciences Representative: Hamish Wright

Grace Sixsmith is a member of the Australian Labor Party.