Photography: Dillon Vibes

An exhibition showcasing highlights from the ANU’s art collection acquired over the past decade has gone on display at the Drill Hall Gallery.

The ANU’s $34 million art collection is made up of more than 2,500 works and is usually found in corners and corridors all across campus, the director of the Drill Hall Gallery, Terence Maloon, said.

‘We have chosen 100 treasures from the ANU art collection to celebrate some of the great works of art acquired over the past 10 years, and to acknowledge the generous gifts from our benefactors,’ Maloon said in a statement.

‘This is not a collection like any other in Australia’s museums. It is unique to the ANU and its community.’

The exhibition features both the work of noted Australian artists, including modernist Tony Tuckson, and former graduate students of the School of Art.

The collection has drawn heavily on donations from Professor John Altman, the Gascoigne family and others, and features paintings, ceramics, glass, etchings and photographs.

The exhibition runs until 18 June at the Drill Hall Gallery, Kingsley St, Acton.