Six and a half years after arriving from the University of Wollongong, the ANU is saying farewell to Chief Operating Officer Chris Grange and welcoming his replacement, Paul Duldig.

Duldig will be taking up the post after concluding five years of service as head of University Services at the University of Melbourne. During which he managed 1,600 people and nine operating areas. Prior to this, Duldig served as Vice President of Services and Resources at the University of Adelaide, a post he held for 12 years.

Amongst his notable works at the University of Melbourne was the “move to improve” shared services model. A model, which according to University of Melbourne student publication Farrago, included the “consolidation of faculty student services into the singular service centre Stop 1”. However, Farrago outlined that the success of this project has been widely debated.

Duldig will commence at the ANU on September 2 and complete a handover period with Grange before the latter officially vacates the position.