Join Woroni TV for 2022

Woroni TV is hiring! We are looking for fun, creative and passionate sub-editors and senior sub-editors to join the team!

See below for role descriptions and information about the various positions.

Contact Clara at headoftv@woroni.com.au for any questions. 

Executive Producers (Senior Sub-editor):

The Executive Producer works closely with the TV Editor in daily TV team management, and acts as another authoritative resource for content production, both from an assistance and troubleshooting position. They will be responsible for tasks including but not limited to:

• Organising team meetings;
  • Minuting meetings and writing up action plans after each meeting;
  • Improving aspects of internal professional development;
  • Coordinating our external equipment-hire services for the student body and actively looking for opportunities for video production; and
  • Troubleshooting and assisting in video production for smaller teams.

The role is expected to require approx. 10-15 hours of work per week, including compulsory weekly team meetings that you must be available for. This is a volunteer position, with the possibility of honoraria.

TV-News Producer (Senior Sub-editor)

The TV-New Producer works closely with the TV Editor and News Editor, and their assigned TV team (on a rotational basis, weekly/or fortnightly?) and are responsible for creating original news videos (longer stories/investigative journalism and breaking news stories) and organisational oversight of production. They will be responsible for tasks including but not limited to:

• Oversight of our weekly news video (sourcing news information, fact-checking, writing scripts, organising potential interviews);
  • Cooperative teamwork with their assigned Executive Producer, TV Producer, Production Assistants and News Reporters;
  • Ensuring the final video delivered is of sufficient quality and accessibility.

Additionally, it is expected that the TV-News Producer will have a basic/intermediate knowledge of all aspects of video content production (this includes basic skills in camera operation, editing and production) and writing/news reporting skills. 

The role is expected to require approx. 8-10 hours of work per week, including compulsory weekly team meetings across both TV and News portfolios that you must be available for. This is a volunteer position, with the possibility of honoraria.

TV Producer (Sub-editors):

TV Producers work closely with their assigned media specialists in small teams, and are primarily responsible for the creative and organisational oversight of production. They will report directly to the TV Editor and Executive Producer. They will be responsible for tasks including but not limited to:

• Oversight of all aspects of video production for their respective teams (pre-production, production and post-production. Mostly scheduling, organisation, and creative oversight and leadership);
  • Managing a small team consisting of two (2) assigned media specialists
  • Ensuring the final deliverable is of sufficient quality and accessibility.

Additionally, it is expected that Producers will have a basic/intermediate knowledge of all other aspects of video content production – this includes basic skills in camera operation, editing and production. This is particularly important for Producers, given their more managerial role in the process of content production.

The role is expected to require approx. 8-10 hours of work per week, including compulsory weekly team meetings that you must be available for. This is a volunteer position, with the possibility of honoraria.

Production Assistant (Sub-editors):

Production Assistants will work to assist their Producer in their respective teams, throughout the production of content. Formerly two separate roles (Video Editor and Camera Operator) the Production Assistant role provides individuals with the flexibility to take on different tasks within the team. Production Assistants will be responsible for tasks including but not limited to:

• Pitching and providing input on video ideas
  • Operating audio and camera equipment to film relevant footage for video content;
  • Editing videos in Adobe Premiere Pro

Knowledge in the fields of camera operating, photography, video editing, and/or animation & graphics is preferred but not required. 

Woroni is committed to diversity in hiring. It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the ANU community so that we can better tell stories about our great student body. As such, Woroni welcomes applications from students that are from a range of diverse backgrounds and identities. If you identify with a diverse background, you are welcome to let us know in your application.

Applications for all positions will close at 6pm on Monday 21 February 2021. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, as applications are recv’d.

Click here to apply!