Woroni Radio is Hiring!

Woroni Radio is hiring Broadcast Producers, an Executive Producer (Broadcast), and an Executive Producer (Content)!

Broadcast Producer

The Producers’ role is to foster a positive relationship between Woroni Radio’s Presenters and the Woroni Radio Team and to nurture the growth of Woroni Radio shows.

The Producers will be scheduled to between 3-5 hours of radio supervision per week.

During this time:

• Producers will be in the studio welcoming Presenters and providing encouragement before they go on the air
  • Provide tech support to Presenters while they are on the air through a shared Google doc that both Presenters and the Producer can access and provide constructive feedback to presenters after their show.
  • Producers will actively work to make Woroni Radio an inclusive space for Presenters by making all Presenters feel welcome and supported both on and off the air and by establishing positive relationships with their Presenters.
  • Producers also have a responsibility to supervise presenters to encourage and ensure a safe space for presenters and listeners.
  • Producers will maintain a record of music played and record for copyright reporting.
  • Producers will provide training to shows at the start of the semester by helping them to plan their shows if required.
  • They may meet with these Presenters to check in with how their shows are going, provide support and hear any recommendations or requests the Presenters may have.
  • Producers will look out for any opportunities that may be relevant for Presenters in their interest areas (e.g. DJing, MCing, interviewing opportunities, etc.).
  • If requested, Producers will also assist their Presenters in pursuing these opportunities, e.g. helping to book an interview.
  • Producers are expected to be actively involved in developing radio content and assisting Presenters with their show development.
  • Where required, Producers will also work with the Executive Producer (Broadcast Lead) to plan any necessary training workshops for Presenters in their assigned interest area to further develop Presenters’ skills.

Producers will attend fortnightly meetings with the Executive Producer (Broadcast Lead) to communicate any updates, including any tech issues and Presenter absences and progress, as well as any other business. Producers are also encouraged to attend other Woroni events such as General Meetings and workshops.

As a member of the Woroni Radio Sub-Editor Team, Producers will assist in running events when required in addition to performing any other ad hoc duties.

This role is a volunteer position. However, the successful candidate will receive a sum of honoraria at the end of semester 2 based on fulfilment of duties.

For any questions or clarifications contact Fergus Sherwood through email here: woroniradioeditor@gmail.com or by phone here: 0403 123 661

Executive Producer (Broadcast):

Alongside the Radio Editor, the Executive Producer (Broadcast Lead) is responsible for strategic planning for radio. This means creating new opportunities for Woroni Radio to pursue, and developing plans to continue improving radio content into the future. The Executive Producer must be comfortable in a middle-management position, creatively proactive, organised, efficient and reliable. There is also a general expectation of flexibility in the role, particularly to fill in for team members who may be absent.

Duties to be carried out by the Executive Producer (Broadcast Lead) include;

• Fostering relations with other student radio stations and community broadcasters
  • Working with the Production Team to advise and assist Presenters
  • Finding opportunities for upskilling
  • Assisting the Radio Editor with administration and general presenter liaison tasks.

The Executive Producer (Broadcast Lead) will maintain supervision of the production team through a good level of communication and by running fortnightly meetings (in person or over zoom).

The Executive Producer (Broadcast Lead) will;

• Liaise with the Tech Officer and assist in the operation of Woroni Radio’s Spotify podcast program.
  • The Executive Producer (Broadcast Lead) will assist in operations regarding Woroni Radio’s equipment borrowing program.

As a member of the Woroni Radio Senior Sub-Editor Team, the Executive Producer will assist in any other ad hoc duties when required.

Executive Producer (Content Lead)

Alongside the Radio Editor, the Executive Producer (Content Lead) is responsible for strategic planning for radio. This means creating new opportunities for Woroni Radio to pursue, and developing plans to continue improving radio content into the future.

The Executive Producer (Content Lead) must be comfortable in a middle-management position, creatively proactive, organised, efficient and reliable. There is also a general expectation of flexibility in the role, particularly to fill in for Team members who may be absent. Duties to be carried out by the Executive Producer (Content Lead) include fostering relations with external groups and individuals in order to explore and create opportunities for new content.

The Executive Producer (Content Lead) will;

• Work with their team of Content Producers to plan and create non-standard (external to the show schedule) Woroni Radio content.
  • The Executive Producer (Content Lead) will liaise with other teams to collaborate on content production and pursue collaboration across portfolios to create engaging multimedia content.
  • The Executive Producer (Content Lead) will assist with special programs and projects of the portfolio and assist the Radio Editor in the execution and operation of these programs.

As a member of the Woroni Radio Senior Sub-Editor Team, the Executive Producer will assist in running events when required in addition to performing any other ad hoc duties.

This is a volunteer role. The successful candidate will receive a sum of honoraria at the end of semester 2 based on fulfilment of duties.

Click here to apply for these roles!