

# WORONI

Meeting: Thursday 3rd August 6:00pm		
Meeting Venue:	Office	
Meeting Opened:	6:05pm	
Meeting Closed:	19h09	
Present:	Lizzie Fewster, Jasmin Small, Alex Lane, Matthew J Box, Rosie Welsh, Lucy Spencely, George Hogg	
Minutes:	George	
Apologies:	Charlie (Bazinga)	
No.	Item	Action Items
1	Acknowledgement of Country	Jas
2	Previous action items	Matthew to change financial oversight policy - yes Event titles brainstormed - yes Charlie to work w Bri on weekly wrapped - yes Jas to develop layout for series of A3,A4 and A5 posters (?) Alex to sit down with Lucy and discuss camera spec requirements. - Yes George to send two quotes to board to look at / approve - Yes
		Ali to message Charlie

		Charlie to give notice of OGM and make form for all sub editors to fill out - Yes	
<b>Standing Items</b>			
3	Minutes Approvals	<p>Motion: "To accept the minutes of the board meeting of 27/07"</p> <p>For: 7</p> <p>Against:</p> <p>Abstain:</p> <p>Status: Passed</p>	
4	Approvals	<p>RAD - Sat</p> <p>CAD - Timely tonight</p> <p>TAD - Short Film 2 needs</p>	Lucy to resend TAD
5	Finance Update	<p><b>Business Transaction Account:</b> \$9,066.03</p> <p><b>Business Online Saver:</b> \$200,831.58</p> <p><b>Term Deposit 1:</b> \$60,000.00</p> <p><b>Term Deposit 2:</b> \$60,373.40</p> <p>Workers' compensation insurance: \$1,021.53</p>	
6	Management Update	<p><b>Social media:</b> charlie begin planning regular updates, distinct content from website, satire posts - semi-regularly</p> <p>If you have ideas, let sm channel know but you may be rejected (L)</p> <p><b>Photography:</b> hired maddy/maddie?, keen to do an outfit photo series bc spring coming up.</p> <p>Going to have a management team meeting, going to get them equipment.</p>	<p>Rosie to send through stock photo table</p> <p>Alex and Lucy to walk through uploading TV Content</p> <p>Alex to make social post on website.</p>

		<p><b>Events:</b> team is hired, they are keen to get onto some work, Jeffrey is working away on the music event, trying to get some sort of unifying theme for the event if he can</p> <p><b>Website:</b> can't remove the website from the updates yet. fixing radio page in the next few weeks (pls)</p> <p>Please flag any issue</p> <p>Lucy: are there still issues regarding uploading videos?</p> <p>George: unsure if issues remain, but existing issue was the old website's requirement to upload whole videos rather than link.</p>	
7	Portfolio Updates	<p><b>Content:</b> In the process of hiring, fantastic candidates. Unsure how many submissions we have currently for Unsettled, will be making the submission doc tomorrow, haven't looked at survey yet sorry, so flat out.</p> <p>Spooky Social: demands goosebumps covers + cult websites for advertising</p> <p>Compliment: Jas for Scandal</p> <p><b>Art:</b> Started doing the layout for the art wall (think we might want a large sign that just says woroni in the middle that's stationary (thoughts?)).</p> <p>Liz: sign good</p> <p>Alex: spoken before about having a sign, think its a good idea</p> <p>Jas: start looking into signs. Cork or??</p>	

Alex: maybe using command hooks?

Jas: using the velcro strips. Using the whole word "WORONI" as the sign.

Alex: is it possible to make the design evergreen?

Jas: Black with white text will be best

Alex: In terms of mock up, how far?

Jas: need sign shape and then mock up

Alex: Geraldine will be coming late next week, so a mock up by then would be nice

Jas: i can make one, it wont be perfect

Alex: I like "Woroni, the voice of ANU Students since 1950" as the sign

Continuing work on the Radio show cover, probs having first meeting next friday at 4ish. Hiring is all complete (yay) but i'm still waiting on one to join the discord before i can fully organise anything. I've also started fiddling with the website for art uploads (got really excited when I realised I could hyperlink my artists names with their portfolios). Checked soad and music today, all mags gone!!!

Liz: all in BPB are gone, OCI still has some

Compliment: Lucy (her interviews are thorough and its v impressive)

**News:** hiring: Literally 2 interviews away. chatted to alex about the idea of a columnist (still sub-editor role) thinking about Luca and Reese, which could feed quite well into

print/broadsheet when that takes off. interviewing some people who used to work at grounds, seems to be bad working conditions. Sketchy stuff going on behind the scenes, exploitation of students.

will be sending through my hiring list tomorrow morning, i may have to add one more person given they have really weird availability for interviews. also have added a lil disclaimer on the strike article that the NTEU has chosen to pause industrial action. i am calling lachlan at 7pm to confirm content of that disclaimer, post the article at 7:30 on FB. will add another article tonight to the NAD if people can look by midday tomorrow

NAD - interim funding report, COI so will ask someone else to post on FB.

+ali for emotional support

Alex: do you think this will necessitate a separate post

Rosie: maybe

Matthew: post about it tomorrow morning

**Radio:** *yeehaw*. Hiring: done. Schedule: Almost done. First team meeting tomorrow night, exciting! Unfortunately, seen a really big drop this week in show apps (two shows since RAD #1 came out) [big L.]

Planning the big boy radio schedule that's gonna go on the outside wall, but that needs the actual schedule to be finished. Radio website cooked.

Ali: should we start broadcast sooner?

George: people tend not to know their timetables properly until a few weeks into semester

Ali: Bipoc DJ night?

George: I need to do more thinking on it, but there's interest. George knows a few women DJ

Mathew: Issues with contacting Jazzler because we can't start a ticket without active account running

George: I'll call ~ greece ~

Compliment: Jas + her team for making the Radio Covers

**TV:** Hiring was completed Wednesday. Board approval for this semester's team pending. On the docuseries team, the executive producer will be Arabella, the producer Yulia, and the production assistants Maitrey and Kaz. On the lifestyle (formerly campus life) team, the executive producer will be Eliz, the producer Kerry, and the production assistants Paris and Bohong. On the news team, the executive producer will be Charlotte, the producer Sarah, and the production assistant Atharva. Now approved.

Emails to applicants and posting the team structure will be sent out tomorrow after discussing it tonight with the Board. We will have our first team meeting next Friday evening.

Charlotte informed me that the updated version of the *Universities Accord* video will be completed by the end of this week. If it is not done by Monday, I will step in.

		<p>The <i>Big Dish</i> video has received enough approvals to be released, and I will do so tomorrow. My goal for the TV Team this semester is to release videos every Friday evening, so I would like to get that routine tomorrow.</p> <p>Thank you to Eliz, and Kaz for filming the protests. This is likely to be useful footage for Charlotte and her news team.</p> <p>A draft of the TV Team report for the OGM has been completed. Will send after this meeting to Charlie.</p> <p>Compliment: George for letting me live out my radio dreams of shoving music charts down people's throats.</p> <p>+ I forgot to say my compliment last week. Last week's compliment would've been to Alex for helping me tell Claire that she isn't rehired, + to Charlie for informing me of the policies surrounding the rehiring process in a very understandable way.</p> <p><i>Collective sigh at Rosie</i></p>	
--	--	--	--

**Meeting Items**

8	Hiring / Team meetings		Office Conduct MoUs for Aisyah and Punit - George 😊
9	Events	<p>We need to brainstorm, and select weeks to hold these in:</p> <p>Mag Launch - 29th Sept. Friday Wk 8          Spoooooooooooooky (Season) Social          - can we get a photo booth</p> <p>Live Music Event - Woroni Live</p>	

		<p>Hottest 100 (already named) - Friday Week 12</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>- Kambri Lawns</li> <li>- Esky Provided</li> <li>- Broadcast at same time</li> </ul> <p>Walkley Event - Woroni's Moronis. 12th October. Thursday Week 10</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>- Rosie sort venue (former aMBUSH)</li> <li>- Food: fully catered meal spenny, Badger snack packs</li> <li>- Would like to invite other news papers + media</li> <li>- Kitschy</li> <li>- Hand drop hand written notes</li> <li>- main focus: rewarding our sub-eds for good work</li> <li>- Funny awards</li> <li>- Photo Booth</li> </ul> <p>Stupol Debate ~ 18-19th Sept</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> <li>- Probity officer (MUST TALK TO)</li> <li>- Before organising</li> <li>- Superfloor, Amphitheatre, Ground Floor MR</li> <li>- Reach out to Observer</li> <li>- Not Wednesday bc SRC</li> </ul>	
10	Meeting with James Brann + Extra SSC	<p>Matthew: met with James @ Wed lunch time.</p> <p>[REDACTED]</p>	
11	Newspaper idea	<p>Tldr: schrodinger's print team.</p> <p>Will be doing a one off newspaper end of sem. May cause honoraria changes.</p>	
12	OGM	<p>Rosie, George, Lizzie and Lucy have not sent reports through to Charlie for the OGM.</p> <p>Major purpose is budget, make amends so we can spend how we</p>	Send reports!!!!!!



		<p>want. Also moving honoraria + electoral regulations. Three year SSAF plan too.</p> <p>There will be food, make your teams come.</p>	
--	--	--	--

