When Permanent World Peace Comes

hands-565603_1920

We are always trying to find the best final destination for the course of human events. Human beings have experienced, instigated and participated in countless conflicts and clashes over thousands of years. We know that war is always accompanied by the loss of lives – each of these people could have made a great contribution to the society, but do not have the chance, however, because of war.

With the development of economics and technology, the world has become smaller and our bond is stronger. Recently, the concept of a “community of human destiny” was emphasized during the 2016 G20 Hangzhou summit. Indeed, human beings are gradually realizing that the common good, to a large extent, is helping others, because we are also helping ourselves. Nations are all better off when they all agree on free trade. Each different country benefits from international cooperation because solidarity is powerful.

The destiny of humankind is determined by us, and we only have two choices. One is to continue with war and lead uneasy lives until our own advanced technology destroys our planet. The other is to make war vanish forever. I look forward to the day we begin building a world without war, as then we will enjoy perpetual world peace.

It has been proposed that we should start a final war to end all of wars. I strongly disagree with this point of view. The peace kept by force is neither normal nor perpetual. In my opinion, cultivating the spirit of the fraternity of mankind is the most appropriate and desirable way to bring about a permanent state of world peace.

We should build a global government of the people, by the people, for the people. Significantly, the establishment of global government would not contradict patriotism. Here is a sound argument: I love both my hometown and my country, which is reasonable because my hometown is belonged to my country. Similarly, I can love both my country and this world.

In my opinion, there are four stages to the pursuit of a permanent state of peace. The first stage is the compulsory advertising and education of this idea – people will need to prepare for the process psychologically, and at the same time acquire sufficient knowledge to accept the decision. The second stage sees all government leaders and experts making a concrete plan together. When the best opportunity comes, the global government will be born – just like the birth of United Nations after World War Two. The third stage is the initial operation of the global government. For instance, some tax revenue must be collected from each country so that, under the universal rules, the funds can be used more appropriately. The final stage can only occur when mature systems are built. At this time, the global army will have the same objective: to fight for world peace and justice.

If each stage of the process were carried out flawlessly, human beings would be able to welcome a permanent state of peace in this century. I now quote the words of Percy Bysshe Shelley: “the spring rebels not against winter but it succeeds it – the dawn rebels not against night but it disperses it”.

I believe, one day, the flowers of peace in the garden of mankind will be forever in full bloom. I long for this fabulous future from the bottom of my heart.