Refresh ANUSA Vice President candidate and current Griffin Hall President, Hannah Minns has withdrawn her nomination for ANUSA Vice President. Released on the Refresh ANUSA Facebook page, Minns has cited personal reasons her decision. However, she will continue to campaign with the Refresh team during next week’s elections.

Minns’ withdrawal leaves independent candidate and current College of Law representative, Campbell Clapp, as the uncontested Vice President.

Campbell Clapps’ uncontested election leaves Education Officer as the only executive position to be contested during the week 4 ANUSA election, subsequently bringing to an end the trend of hotly contested and eventful ANUSA elections, which has run since 2013.In the 2013 ANUSA elections, ‘Bounce’ won all executive positions bar Education Officer unopposed. However,  the respective Bounce candidate Laura Wey was eventually elected to the Education Officer position.

The recent University of Sydney Student Union (USU) elections have also taken a comparable direction to the upcoming ANUSA elections. During their May elections, the four USU executive positions were run without opposition.