JOIN WORONI RADIO IN 2019 – MARKETING AND TECHNOLOGY OFFICER APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!

Woroni Radio is seeking a passionate, new:

• Marketing and Admin Officer, and
  • Tech Officer

to join the team in Semester One of 2019!

Marketing and Admin Officer

In this role you will:

• Liaise with producers to market shows and operate our social media
  •  Find broadcasting opportunities for us on and off campus
  • Compile and distribute show sign ups and Presenter contact details to the Radio Editor
  • Create and manage the show schedule over the duration of the semester
  • Respond to emails to the Woroni Radio email account

The Marketing and Admin Officer is a vital part of the Woroni Radio, as they are responsible for ensuring that we have shows scheduled and ready to go, and for responding to presenter enquiries. In addition to creating a consistent marketing plan that ensures that Woroni Radio is both seen and heard!

Past experience is not required as long as you are keen to learn and passionate about providing an excellent radio experience for all our Presenters.

The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:

• Knows what a meme is
  • Communication skills
  • Team player
  • Planning and organisational skills

This role is approximately five hours per week with no fixed roster.

The Marketing and Admin Officer is expected to attend regular meetings and keep in contact with producers to communicate updates for their portfolio.

The Marketing and Admin Officer must be available to encourage show sign ups during Orientation Week 2019.

The successful candidate will receive honoraria based on their commitment to the role at the end of Semester One.

Applications will close at 11.59pm on 25 January 2019.
Interviews will be conducted (TBA)

Tech Officer

Woroni Radio is seeking a passionate new Tech Officer to join our team in Semester One of 2019!

In this role you will:

• Maintain current radio equipment and troubleshoot any problems
  • Investigate and implement new technology opportunities for Woroni Radio
  • Assist at live events when required

The Technology Officer is a vital part of the Woroni Radio Management Team, as they are the person that ensures the Woroni Radio broadcast is consistent and that our sound is static-free. While the Technology Officer reports back to the Management Team, you will also work closely with all of our producers and Presenters to run technology-training sessions and assist them in troubleshooting any issues that arise.

Past experience is not required as long as you are keen to learn and passionate about cultivating a quality Woroni Radio sound.

• Approachable
  • Communication skills
  • Team player
  • Planning and organisational skills
  • Critical thinker

This role is approximately five hours per week with no fixed roster; instead it is important that the Technology Officer is available to provide support over the phone or in person when required.

The Technology Officer is expected to attend regular meetings with the Radio Editor to communicate updates for their portfolio.

The Technology Officer must be available to give technology training during Orientation Week 2018.

Interviews will be conducted- (TBA)

Woroni is committed to diversity in hiring. It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the ANU community so that we can better tell stories about everyone at the ANU. As such, Woroni welcomes applications from students that are from a range of diverse backgrounds and identities. If you identify with a diverse background, feel free to let us know in your application.