The Woroni logo on a background of blue, purple, and red wombats

JOIN THE WORONI TV TEAM - APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!

APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN TO JOIN WORONI TV IN SEMESTER 2, 2019

Woroni is looking for passionate and dedicated sub-editors to join the TV team in Semester 2. We are committed to regularly producing diverse, accessible and relevant video content for the ANU student body, and strive to provide a platform for students to comfortably develop their video production skills. As such, we encourage students of all backgrounds to apply. After all, we can’t produce our wide range of video content without your varying creative visions!

Several positions are available in Semester 2:

• Executive Producer
  • TV Producer
  • Camera Operator
  • Video Editor

Applications will close on Monday 15 July, 2019 at 11.59pm. No late applications will be accepted.

Interviews will be held between Saturday 13 July and Friday 19 July, in person and via Skype.

Please email Jaime Howell (TV Editor) at jaime@woroni.com.au if you have any queries or questions.

ROLE DESCRIPTIONS:

Executive Producer:

Executive Producers will work closely with the TV Editor. Each will be assigned a TV team, comprised of a TV Producer, Camera Operator and Video Editor, to oversee and assist. They will also aid the TV Editor with daily management across the entire TV team, and will be an authoritative resource for members of the TV team.

Executive Producers are expected to dedicate approx. 10-15 hours of work per week to this role. This will include weekly team meetings, for which you must be available. This is a volunteer position, with the possibility of honoraria.

Executive Producers must also be available for initial communications via Slack from Saturday 20 July, and ready to commence video production in the first week of Semester 2.

Woroni is looking for candidates who demonstrate strong leadership and team management qualities. Executive Producers must have the requisite organisational skills to assist oversight of the TV team, and be comfortable in all aspects of video production, so that they are able to advise and guide the production teams. They are expected to be available and accessible throughout semester to provide assistance to the production teams, and to help them adhere to a weekly content-production schedule.

Previous experience in video production is required for this role, and previous sub-editor experience at Woroni TV is preferred.

TV Producer:

TV Producers will work closely with a Camera Operator and Video Editor in small teams, reporting to their assigned Executive Producer and the TV Editor. They will be primarily responsible for the creative and organisational oversight of production within their team, and will be expected to ensure that their team’s content is of sufficient quality for release.

It is expected that TV Producers will have general knowledge of all aspects of video content production, but further training will be provided throughout semester.

TV Producers are expected to dedicate approx. 8-10 hours of work per week to this role. This will include weekly team meetings, for which you must be available. This is a volunteer position, with the possibility of honoraria.

TV Producers must also be available for initial communications via Slack from Saturday 20 July, and ready to commence video production in the first week of Semester 2.

Woroni is looking for creative team-players who are comfortable in a small leadership role and have the ability to ensure that deadlines for the weekly content-production schedule are met.

Previous experience in video production is preferred, but not necessary for the role.

Camera Operator:

Camera Operators will work closely with a TV Producer and Video Editor in small teams, reporting to their assigned Executive Producer and the TV Editor. They will provide input on video ideas, operate the audio and camera equipment to film relevant content, and advise their Video Editor re footage for the editing process.

Camera Operators are expected to dedicate approx. 8-10 hours of work per week to this role. This will include weekly team meetings, for which you must be available. This is a volunteer position, with the possibility of honoraria.

Camera Operators must also be available for initial communications via Slack from Saturday 20 July, and ready to commence video production in the first week of Semester 2.

Woroni is looking for individuals who are organised, efficient and reliable, and who also have an eye for the visual aspects of video content. They must be a team-player, who is willing to commit to the weekly content-production schedule.

Previous experience in DSLR-level photography and/or videography is preferred, but not necessary for the role. Further training will also be provided within the first few weeks of semester.

Video Editor:

Video Editors will work closely with a TV Producer and Camera Operator in small teams, reporting to their assigned Executive Producer and the TV Editor. They will provide input on video ideas, cut footage together for short-form video content, perform basic colour corrections, audio corrections and insert graphics into videos using editing software.

Video Editors are expected to dedicate approx. 8-10 hours of work per week to this role. This will include weekly team meetings, for which you must be available. This is a volunteer position, with the possibility of honoraria.

Video Editors must also be available for initial communications via Slack from Saturday 20 July, and ready to commence video production in the first week of Semester 2.

Woroni is looking for perceptive students with a keen eye for the finer details in videos, who are able to come up with creative solutions in order to execute particular visions. They must be a team-player, who is willing to commit to the weekly content-production schedule.

Previous experience in any video editing software is preferred, but not necessary. Training will be provided within the first few weeks of the role.