How Do You Solve A Problem Like Sharia?

An open letter to the protesters who disrupted Geert Wilders’ address in Melbourne, on 19 February 2013, by Farz Edraki.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

This is an open letter to express my grave disappointment in all Australians who protested at Geert Wilders’ speech in Melbourne earlier this month.

Seriously, guys. LEAVE GEERT ALONE.

Sure, he has a funny name, and some pretty out there views on Muslims and multiculturalism. And yes, he compared the Koran to Mein Kampf, and Mohammad to “the devil” and a pedophile, but haven’t we all fallen foul to a faux pas at some point in our lives?

Why did you feel the need to target an innocent, upper-class member of the Dutch House of Representatives? This man is vulnerable. For nine years, he has had to endure meticulous round-the-clock police and body guard protection, simply because he made comments which incite hatred. Earth to miscreants: it’s a free country. LEAVE GEERT ALONE.*

Andrew Bolt is right; the cowardly critics of Geert shame our country.

The fact remains the Geert Wilders’ Party for Freedom is onto something: all Muslims want to impose Islamic Sharia law on us. All. Muslims. Full stop. It’s happened in Germany; it’s happened in France; it’s happened in the U.K.** Soon, it will happen in Australia — if we’re not careful.

We need to support parties like Pastor Nalliah’s Rise Up Australia, who are fighting the good fight to “keep Australia Australian.”

How do we solve a problem like Sharia? Let’s face it, Geert has the right idea. Trying to drown out somebody through protests — when they themselves are trying to drown out multicultural voices in our community — is counterproductive.

Excuse me, while I weep into my Geert Wilders pillow cushion.

Regards,

Farz Edraki.

*It helps if you ignore the fact that incitement to hatred is a crime in most countries.

**This is not true. I prefer not to rely on the “truth”, but rather, sheer gut instinct.