Three wombats: one red, one blue and one purple

Casual Vacancy: Managing Editor

ANU Student Media is looking for an ANU student to fill a casual vacancy on our Board of Editors.

The successful applicant will take on the role of Managing Editor. The Managing Editor is responsible for creating and maintaining the books and financial records of the Association and managing ANUSM’s business relationships, as well as preparing, managing and regularly reporting on the budget.

The successful applicant will be expected to put in around 20-30 hours a week on average and can expect to be paid an honorarium to compensate for their time. The position will commence on Monday 8 July and conclude on the last day of the semester two examination period. The role requires close collaboration with the seven other Board members, so an ability to work in a team is a must.

Experience in editing and team management will be helpful but by no means a necessary requirement for potential applicants.

If you are at all interested we invite you to send your application to contact@woroni.com.au with the subject line “ANUSM Board Casual Vacancy Application”.

Your application must include;

• your name;
  • student number;
  • year of study;
  • your availability for a potential interview from Monday 8 July to Friday 12 July;
  • 300 words or less on your relevant experience;
  • 300 words or less on why you want to be Managing Editor at ANUSM;
  • 300 words or less about your vision for the role; and
  • one example of any written, photographic, audio, videographic or multimedia work.

Applications have been extended to Monday 8 July, at 6pm.

Interviews may be conducted from Monday 8 July to Friday 12 July.

For more information on the role, or the casual vacancy process, please feel free to inquire to the Editor-in-Chief, Julia, at julia@woroni.com.au.