Three wombats: one red, one blue and one purple

Casual Vacancies: Art & TV Editors

ANU Student Media is looking for ANU students to fill two casual vacancies on our Board of Editors. Our outgoing Art and TV Editors are graduating and we wish them all the best! Woroni will be incredibly sad to see them go, but now we have the opportunity of adding two more incredibly talented people to our team.

Art Editor: The role of Art Editor includes, but is not limited to, laying out ANUSM publications, overseeing the design and branding of ANUSM and managing a team of design sub-editors. The ideal candidate will have an existing working knowledge of Adobe Indesign, and should be familiar with, or willing to learn, the remainder of the Adobe Suite programs. They should also be prepared (and excited) to play a key role in designing the template and layout for the new Woroni magazine over the summer period.

TV Editor: The role of TV Editor includes, but is not limited to, managing a team of sub-editors, providing creative direction and guidance for Woroni’s TV content, administering training and technical support to their team and managing Woroni’s TV equipment. The ideal candidate will have an existing working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and should be comfortable operating a camera, producing and editing video content.

As board members, both successful applicants will also play a key role in strategic decision-making for ANUSM as a whole. This will entail attending regular meetings, being responsive over emails and Slack, attending a planning retreat over the summer break and more. Both roles will require close collaboration with the seven other Board members, so an ability to work in a team is a must.

The successful applicants will be expected to put in around 20-30 hours a week on average and will be paid an honorarium to recognise their work. The positions will commence on Sunday 18 November and conclude on the last day of the semester one 2019 examination period. There will be an adequate handover period with the outgoing Art and TV Editors and the current Executive with substantial training. Both applicants must be available for a board meeting on the weekend of 18 November.

If you are at all interested we invite you to send your application to contact@woroni.com.au with the subject line “ANUSM Board Casual Vacancy Application”.

Your application must include;

• whether you are interested in the TV Editor role or the Art Editor role;
  • your name;
  • student number;
  • year of study;
  • 300 words or less on your relevant experience;
  • 300 words or less on why you want to be Art or TV editor at ANUSM;
  • 300 words or less about your vision for the portfolio; and
  • one example of any written, photographic, videographic or multimedia work.

Applications will close on Sunday 11 November, at 11:59PM.

Interviews will be conducted in the week of 12 November.

For more information on the casual vacancy process, please feel free to get in touch with us via email at contact@woroni.com.au. If you have questions about the roles, please feel free to email the outgoing Art Editor, Sophie Bear, at sophie@woroni.com.au, the outgoing TV Editor, William He, at william@woroni.com.au or the Editor-in-Chief, Mia Jessurun, at mia@woroni.com.au