Campus Style Week 12

(Above) Capes have become a spring essential, adding effortless chic to any practical outfit.  Combining the trend of a practical cape with clashing prints echoes the new and vibrant energy that is abundant in spring.  Boots, with any spring ensemble ensures practicality as well as a balance to the voluminous cape. 

Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 10.48.02 AM

(Above) In Spring, the season sandwiched between hot and cold, it’s always hard to find a balance between dressing warm and cold, long or short, patterned or plain. Here the balance is delicately struck with a beautiful patterned top, practicable shoes, and a reassuringly blocked skirt and cardigan; it screams ‘I’m mild at the moment but don’t you worry, I’m heating up.’

Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 10.47.55 AM

(Above) There is nothing quite like a staple spring coat, they are the most adventurous and vibrant piece of the season.  The strong patterned coat is softened when paired with a simple jean and a sweet pair of sandals.  This spring staple is sure to take you anywhere, whether it is rain, hail or shine.  

Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 10.47.46 AM

(Above) Mitchell Scott sporting The Canadian Tuxedo, that is, the double denim trend is alive and thriving. This look is most effective when piecing together contrasting washes of denim to break up the otherwise plumber aesthetic.  Adding a bright accessory or shoe help lift the neutral blue tones.

Photography by MICAIAH KOH